A thread for the Texas folks

im looking to grab early tee times so we may be able to get you a siiick saturday with gold and Mr. Jester.

4 Likes

an 8-er would be chefs kiss

1 Like

I’m in dallas we can meet somewhere in the middle. Rockwood is always good for me.

Oh, indeed it was. Unfortunately I dropped the ball getting signed up for the match play, so someone else is going to have to really go after one.

1 Like

Damn. I was counting on a big score with this strategy. So…I assume you’ll just write me a check for $300 to make me whole?

When you’re rich you don’t write checks!

1 Like

BUMP

Anyone want to play in San Antonio this weekend at Silverhorn? I have a college teammate playing with me and we have 2 more spots open in our tee time

I’d say hell yes. But the 5 hour drive there and back is telling my body hell no. I bet you can find a gui in here to snag up one of those spots if not both.

1 Like

@therealmarkymark
@atxTostada
@rmaas91
@iceman
@SaveMuny
@cgroom
@ObscureReference
@hellerhighwater
@TCU_AG
@Maxtee

Update, best possible outcome to book tee times is to be there at 6:30am tuesday before to book in person before they open up the online tee time booking at 7am. PROBLEM IS… we got (11) guys which requires (3) tee times and there is a (2) tee time booking limit per person so I can only book (2) when I show up… BUT… got a plan. I’ll be there early and will recruit someone who is also a moron for being there that early to give me his/her second tee time…

All this to say I have a plan, but it’s got a weakness if I can’t get any love from the others.

3 Likes

So I have to work Sunday night. Sat no good for you?

Just showed up at the house we booked for my bachelor party this weekend. This is the view from the back patio. You can just barely see Lakeside Golf Club back there which we’re playing tomorrow morning. Very excited about the weekend!

5 Likes

Barton Creek Lakeside? If so, highly underrated course. Enjoy it.

We’re in Canyon Lake so I don’t think so, but I’m sure this place is decent regardless. I’m far and away the best golfer out of all my friends so I’m just hoping to keep up pace of play.

For all the guys/gals attending the Austin NLU, PSA: Lions muny greens were next level bad this morning. They just sanded them and they were soaked. If you wanna score, dunk it from 100yds ha.

1 Like

I guess another lakeside. BC Lakeside is in Spicewood. Never played the Canyon Lake course.

Too late to get in on this in DFW? Great idea!

Probably for the best, that was easily the worst course I’ve ever played. Conditions were awful enough with every “fairway” actually just being mostly rocks and dirt as hard as concrete but the hole layouts were also pretty stupid. One hole has you hitting 240yds to a green that’s 50-60ft above your head uphill and a fairway that’s about 20 feet wide.

It took 6 hours to get through the whole thing.

Yikes on all fronts. But not surprising…

That sucks. One could argue no Lions experience is complete without turrible greens.

Does it make you rethink venue?