A thread for the Texas folks

Im thinking about registering as a single if anyone wants a below average golf partner with an above average drinking ability.

*Im thinking about registering as a single if anyone wants a below average golf partner with an above average drinking ability.

That’s what I did. They got back to me pretty quick and it was super simple.

1 Like

Sold out per TGJ IG.

I’m going to be kicking myself for the next 5 months… Can’t believe I didn’t get signed up in time. Fingers crossed they’ll open up a few more spots.

1 Like

@LJP @3wiggle @clayreierson any of you guys sign up?

Yeah I signed up as a single.

1 Like

I’m playing too

1 Like

Certainly it’s too early but thinking about coming down the day before and playing at Stevens Park

2 Likes

I waited too long to pull the trigger. Disappointed in myself.

2 Likes

I did not. If they do it again, I would seriously consider. Pretty much have my golf trips lined up for the year.

Any interest in setting up a Texas Refuge Retreat at Pine Dunes this summer or fall, since most people probably didn’t sign up for TGJ event in time?

https://www.pinedunes.com/

9 Likes

Doesn’t sounds like a bad idea.

I’m a fellow below average player that signed up as a single. Hope to see you on the first tee

Live east of Dallas. Looking for lessons this summer. Anyone have suggestions on who and where and about how much!

Thanks in advance

1 Like

Someone asked about Dallas Private Courses way back and never got to typing this up.

(Going to keep this to Dallas proper and exclude the suberbs, Vacquero is really the only big name left off)

Golf Clubs:

-Dallas National: This is the new school PT. Again, exclusive and 100K+ membership a little younger membership base and home to a lot of the pros in the area. Also second club for most. Most big sticks I know rate this as the toughest and best course in DFW.
-Preston Trail: This is the old school N. Dallas golf only club. Great track, legendary membership, legendary stories, very exclusive 100K+ membership and mostly a second club for big hitters who are members at top Country Clubs.
-Trinity Forest: Been discussed on the Refuge a bit. I am not the biggest fan, but a fun experience. Rough part of town and from what I have heard folks that joined are now realizing how logistically challenging it is during the week. Again, 100K+ membership…less exclusive and 2nd course for most.
-Miradoe: An interesting concept. Golf only, but not as hard or expensive to get into. Legacy Columbia Club, and most recently was The Honors Course. I have only been out to see it but it looks as hard as folks say and has big money behind it with aspirations to bring national level tournaments to town.

Country Clubs:
-Brook Hollow: Old Money, who’s who in Dallas. Longest waitlist and initiation number is continuing to go up. Great track, new pool facilities. Old school club, some younger legacy families. This is the place folks want to be if they can stroke the $. Big big Dallas names.
-Dallas Country Club: Hands down the nicest clubhouse in Dallas. Perfect location, long waitlist with upper 100K initiation, and mainly all legacy local families. Also lots of big big Dallas names. Golf course is short, but redone to make it marginally better. Most have a “2nd club” for golf…that will give you a better feel for the caliber of the course.
-Northwood Club: Hosted the 1952 US. Open and recently renovated by Tripp Davis. Renovation is top notch and pushing it into top tier conversation. Maybe the largest overall plot of land of the 3 with tremendous new practice facilities. Old School as well, 1946 formation and largely a result of folks back in the day post WW2 that couldnt get into DCC or Brookhollow and decided to start their own club.$100K + and a mix of young, 50’s, and old blue hairs. Location is good, no where close to DCC but maybe a bit better than Brookhollow.

to tired now but will add Royal Oaks and Lakewood later…and I guess Bent Tree as well since it has a Dallas address.

2 Likes

What about DAC?

Good catch…i technically thought it had a Mesquite address…or at least that is what we dog our buddies that are members there about…great club with tons of good sticks and a killer practice facility…ill add it to the list.

Anybody have Bluejack connects? Flying home to see my parents this weekend and we live about 15 minutes from there and I would love to play. Really would love to play anywhere decent if someone would be willing to host. Disclaimer, my dad stinks and I am a 9 HCP.

In September, my wife is traveling to Dallas for work and I will bumming around the area during the day. We are scheduled to have dinner (no golf) at Dallas Country Club :frowning:

I think her conference is being held in Plano…any courses in the area that will rent clubs to a lefty? Or should I suck it up and use Ship Sticks?