A thread for the Texas folks

So there was two memberships sold?

1 Like

Yeah, you end up paying in other ways for the bargain of playing there. But in the venn diagram of great golf course, good value, and good/friendly service, I’ll take the first two any day of the wek.

2 Likes

Yea, no knock on the course at all. It’s really fun (except 18 is stupid).

2 Likes

Very much in on a Texas Refuge Ryder Cup.

2 Likes

Early results on the poll are good for a north south split. With Colonial in May would anyone be interested in shooting for an August or September date before we get into the brunt of football szn? Could also kick it later into fall.

3 Likes

August in Houston might be a war of attrition.

I would think mid-late September might be best in hopes that weather isn’t totally smothering.

2 Likes

My perfect world scenario is probably a Friday lunch game. With young kids, I ended up dropping my club membership a few months back because weekend golf had become a thing of the past.

That being said, a weekend early afternoon could probably work for me.

Let me know if you’re heading to Liberty for lunch. I work out of the house and it’s 2-3 minutes for me to get over there.

If we do August in Houston it has to be called the Swamp Ass Open, there’s no other name.

4 Likes

Not sure if someone has mentioned this on the Texas Ryder Cup topic, but what about just DFW? Have Arlington/360 be the dividing line?

1 Like

Worst case, I’m sure there are people who are maybe living in Dallas but are South Texans originally and would consider defection to make the numbers work. @MikeHoncho and I are both in that boat.

1 Like

We could definitely jump on this too. Just didn’t want to exclude ATX & HOU from the start.

A DFW cup would be able to be thrown together much quicker than a statewide outing.

2 Likes

If a DFW cup happens I’m joining team Dallas as a former resident. Still think we have good numbers to do north vs south though.

Yeah, I voted North Texas because that’s where I live now. But I would honestly prefer to rep South Texas. To quote Pimp C:

South Texas, mothafucka, that’s where I stay.

5 Likes

I’m south. 100% South.

Austin is CenTex. We ain’t no goddamn south texas

3 Likes

50-50 right now might be too good.

I propose we start year in the south half since DFW has the Colonial event. My nominations are Lion’s Muny in Austin, Raven Nest in Huntsville, Gus Wortham in Houston, or Brack in San Antonio.

Thoughts & Comments?

1 Like

My vote is Austin. The after golf activities could be too good.

3 Likes

dude. the Ryder Cup has A and B.

i’m siding with South. No chance i’m North.

2 Likes

An ATX match would be siiiiiiiiiick.

Mo Willy. LFG.

7 Likes

As one of the few guys on the RCDG way up in the Panhandle, I’m obviously gonna be major road-tripping no matter where we hold this shindig. That being said, I’m in.

1 Like