A thread for the Texas folks

That is entirely at the discretion of the first Chapter Captain. Or captains.

But I’d always advise a yes for ridiculous clothing. At the MacKenzie Cup in April I have decreed that the prize giving dinner must be attended in jacket & tie. But, no one is allowed to bring any jackets or ties with them. They must be purchased in the numerous thrift stores in town. A prize will be given for the best (shittest) outfit. And all outfits must be returned to the store from whence they came the next day.

PD trips are the best. Have enjoyed my trips there and looking forward to my next one (hopefully this spring).

2 Likes

I would be interested in coming up to Pine Dunes from Houston even if it was for just the day. I know we on the whats app people were always busy when an event tried to be planned. Maybe something in June could work for @JMcColm and most of us?

I was ok with 9 as it was because a strong, two shot par 4 without any gimmicks isn’t a bad thing a few times per round. My golfshot shows I hit the 9th fairway 70% (3rd best) but the green only 21% (worst).

From driving by this summer, 14 looked to have been softened a bit but I haven’t heard that from anybody with direct knowledge. It was always an annoying tee shot because there wasn’t a “safe option” other than laying back to 200-225 and trying to bomb it onto the green. If you challenged the left trees and OB, it seemed to only be a 33% chance that a great tee shot was actually rewarded.

I wish I could see % hitting the green if I hit the fairway because I suspect that number was pretty high. My stats had it the 2nd hardest fairway but only 8th hardest green across all tee shots.

2 Likes

I can see your view of those two, we just might be on opposite end of which ones we like/dislike.

#9 I just hated on most hard summer days that you hit a tee shot anywhere 3/4 of the right hand side of the fairway and it would run all the way out and down in to the right rough. I am all about width and angles but punishment for hitting a rope dead straight down the middle and finding yourself in a bad spot is just a terrible design flaw in my opinion.

#14 Saw it as a risk reward tee shot. If you can cut the corner then had a little flip wedge…if you laid back with a 3 wood had 190-210 in and definitely a much more challenging 2nd shot. But the way the tee box aligned with the hole its another one that if you pull out driver your margin of error is very very small and the LPGA girls absolutely hated this hole.

Where do you work? I work literally across 114 from the course in the Mandalay tower.

Very close. I am 5000 Riverside on the opposite end of the lake.

Looking to take a short trip feb 1st- 3rd, anyone wanna join, atm it’s a solo journey but wouldn’t mind some company and someone to split expenses with. No plans yet just got the time off work

Anyone want to play in Dallas this weekend? Weather is looking January-ideal. First time posting here but would love to meet some fellow NLU lovers/refugees. Usually play at Stevens or Highlands, but open to whatever

I don’t remember who but thank you to who suggested Moody Gardens in Galveston
Great course. Great time. Found a good deal on the course but would pay full price to play again.
Asked the starter for advice for Someone playing there for the first time and he replied with “right is wrong on the back nine” and boy was he right

3 Likes

Hey all. I’m relocating from Houston to Dallas here this week. Would love to meet up with anybody who’s interested in playing together or getting a weekly game going. If anybody can point me in the right direction, would be greatly appreciated!

5 Likes

Even if you are not going to the duel in SA, here is a chance at some exclusive @Bullseye Texas merch. All proceeds going to charity. Auction at 12 pm CST today

2 Likes

Welcome to Dallas @djsauer16. I’m going to play Friday if you want to play.

Welcome man,
I’m playing friday and sunday before the superbowl. Let me know if you wanna join.

Welcome! What part of town will you be in? I think the number of DFW folks on here is slowly growing, but we haven’t gotten anything regular going yet.

Interested in playing in the DFW area Sunday morning. No way I can sit around all day waiting for the game to start.

Anybody interested?

I’m interested, not sure I can commit to it yet. Where were you thinking?

1 Like

It will have to be no later than 9:30. My wife and I are hosting a Super Bowl party.

@gkeephr - A while back you gave me rec’s for around DFW. Thank you for those. I was able to brave Dallas cold conditions today and played at Grapevine Golf Course. Nice track, helpful staff and great to get out and start my 2020 season 2+ months earlier than normal.

I’d also like to pat myself on the back for being the only one on the course without a stocking hat!

4 Likes