A thread for the Texas folks

Check his youtube page out. Brodie Smith Golf. Legit only 6 months, he was pretty youtube famous before starting this. So he is completely sponsored by Callaway Golf, gets trained by Cameron McCormick who is Jordan Speiths coach, and ALL he does is golf now.

that wasn’t his plan. This was more for fun it sounds like. He was a professional Ultimate Frisbee player before.

Check out his page, you can legit watch his videos all day! haha

@GluteActivator Is @Kenny3Putt Brodie Smith??

3 Likes

hahahahahaha

1 Like

I wish!

1 Like

Ayyo @Kenny3Putt. Take a gander at this thread and see what the general population of the refuge thinks of content creators other than NLU. Most notably EAL and Bro Five or whatever the hell that was…

The EAL Thread

Praising other golf content creators is fine, but be prepared to be challenged to a duel over strong opinions.

1 Like

Totally understand and I am not trying to go against NLU what so ever. I thought this thread goes was about Texas Golf and Brodie is a fellow Texan golfer, sponsored by Callaway as well so really him and NLU are on the same team.

Now NLU creates the best golf content HANDS DOWN.

I am just giving a man some credit when credit is due.

Honestly… any of could do what he did… “15” to scratch in 6 months is easy when you have sponsors, nothing but time, and no real job

1 Like

fixed it

2 Likes

As a 14 handicapper, I’m going to go out on a limb and say that you could give me 6 years, with any conditions you want, and I wouldn’t sniff scratch.

2 Likes

I am a 8.6 and still not too old (39)…If you gave me six months of nothing but lessons and played every day and focused soley on golf. AND played my home course only…somewhere around 2 is where I would peg what I think I could get to. 15 to scatch is ridiculous…

This has been covered somewhere else but he didn’t just randomly go from a 15 to scratch in 6 months. It was something like he played golf growing up at a high level, stopped playing for a few years, and he got back to scratch after 6 months of hard work.

1 Like

Anyone in DFW taken lessons that they would endorse? Asking as an 18 handicap who has dreams of breaking 90 with regularity

I took lessons this summer from Tiana Jones out at cedar crest. She did a great job and has a great job back ground.

1 Like

I used to take lessons at Hank Haney’s when I was in Dallas and really liked my instructor.

http://hankhaney.com/instructors/cliff-mishler/

1 Like

Stephen Aumock at Glen Eagles.

2 Likes

Good dude, everything is done with trackman and hes pretty easy going.

1 Like

Hey everyone! Just hopped on to the Refuge–been lurking for awhile now, but I figured it was time to #GetInvolved. Originally from the Pittsburgh, PA area but the Marine Corps has landed me down near Corpus Christi. I am getting ready to move out to California in January so I will probably be bouncing around the local community forums here shortly, but I figured I’d give you all a shoutout and say hello.

I’ve lived in Texas for about 3.5 years so y’all probably have much better insight to the state’s golf offering. The nicer courses I’ve played down here though are:

• Palmilla Beach Golf in Port A
  • The Quarry in San Antonio
  • La Cantera Palmer Course in San Antonio
  • Slick Rock, Apple Rock, and Ram Rock at Horseshoe Bay
  • Terra Vista in Austin

Anyway, look forward to chatting with everyone here. Cheers!

3 Likes

Great short course too. $5 to play all day is hard to beat

I started out taking lessons from Amy Fox in Mansfield at Tierra Verde, she used to be a golf digest Top 100 female instructors and all that. She got me from about an 18 several years ago down to a 10-12 (probably could have been a lot lower if not for my lack of practice). I haven’t been working with her as much anymore just because Where she os located isn’t as convenient and I feel a lot more comfortable working on my own swing now. I’m down to about a an 8.1 but she worked with what I had going and didn’t try to rebuild it but build on my natural move, which I think was extremely helpful.

My advice with any instructor, which isn’t worth much, is that they all get technical and Don’t be afraid to just tell them to dumb it down, and simplify it. They will and that’s what really helps

2 Likes