A thread for the Texas folks

kerlin is the one that i am thinking of! i’ll have to head there soon

1 Like

Checking in from Abilene.

Do you play at the club or elsewhere?

Live in NW Hills and work downtown. Play Star a decent amount. Used to belong to Great Hills, but quit a few years ago when I realized that none of my kids play so it didn’t make sense. Play at Bluebonnet some and mooch off friends at clubs whenever possible. :slight_smile:

I’m in San Antonio for work until tomorrow, then I head to Austin until Friday.

Anyone in Austin down to get dinner/drinks tomorrow night somewhere in the Austin area?

TopGolf would be a blast

@jbpayne32 (only person I know in Austin)

I’m around after 7-7:15pm. Let me know

1 Like

I’ve got your number, I’ll shoot you a text. I’m probably rolling into town around 5ish and my hotel is pretty close to TopGolf, so that would work out great!

Found him! It’s official!

4 Likes

Busy with the wife this evening at a concert, otherwise I’d love to meet you guys. If you’re ever back down hit me up!

1 Like

Gonna miss Bluebonnet once it closes. If you ever want to get out to Star one day let me know. We’re both on the Player’s Club so we typically play in the afternoon.

1 Like

Sounds great, will do! And agreed on Bluebonnet.

I am in central Austin. Going through a dark place at the moment, but as soon as I get some kind of a swing together, I will be up for local rounds.

1 Like

I keep hoping that they will announce that some kind of deal has been reached with the city. Bluebonnet will be a big loss for us muni golfers.

I heard KB Homes, or some other similar developer offered them stupid money for the land. Like $40+ million. Can’t blame them for accepting that offer. Sucks, because BB is the best deal in town.

Man, KB Homes, slowest builder out there…

1 Like

Usually Diamondback, sometimes Shady. You at the club?

1 Like

How we doin Texans?

I am a golfer in Dallas, TX last summer registered about 60 rounds of golf. Had the Arcis Prime membership and basically lived on Golfnow for the best deals.

Some of my favorite everyday courses - Tangle Ridge, Bear Creek, Prairie Lakes, and Champions Circle.

Let me know your go to spots in DFW besides the private or the crazy expensive.

1 Like

Also has anyone ever seen Brodie Smith on the Dallas courses? He trains at Trinity Forest with Cameron McCormick. Brodie is a Dallas native and his youtube channel is super badass…he went from a 15ish handicap to a scratch golfer in like 6 months.

6 months?

2 Likes

Never heard of him. Sounds pretty good though to be that good at golf. Is he going pro?