A thread for the Texas folks

I’m going to be in El Paso for a few weeks starting next Monday. I won’t have my own sticks but I’ll have my dad’s available to play, if your friend wants to tee it off.

I’ll hit him up. You’re a NY guy right? He is too.

I live in Buffalo, yes but that’s the only thing NY about me. I grew up in El Paso.

1 Like

Right on. I’ll hit him up

1 Like

Has anyone played Cedar Crest in Dallas lately? What’s the course playing like?

I’m playing there in a week and a half for a little friends tournament. I’ve played there a bunch obviously through the Texas Cup, but my friends haven’t ever been there and I ain’t telling them shit.

1 Like

When they ask me if it’s possible to cut the corner on 4

6 Likes

I live in Cruces and would love to join if it’s an open invite. Did six years in Central NY so we can lament on that.

Sorry, late reply here. It’s awesome!
The shut down to regrass the greens this summer not only improved the putting surfaces but they also took on several smaller projects during that time. They have cleaned up brush and lower limbs in several areas (particular left on 4). I was out there last week and they even had a crew with leaf blowers doing their best to corral the leaves in some of the playable areas. It’s still a muni type course. Some edges of greens are scarred here and there and they don’t run at a 12. But they roll really smooth and they’re firm. Bring your A chipping game or look at a lot of 20 footers for par.

1 Like

I moved to the DFW area in September from KC. Looking for options to play and meet folks. Played in college. Worked in the golf industry off and on for a while, including teaching for 3 years at GolfTEC. I’ve been in the remodeling industry now for almost 9 years. Still haven’t played a round yet since moving. I’m living in the north central park of the metro but I love playing new places so, will travel for the experience.

3 Likes

Welcome! We have a discord for the DFW group in here. Come on in, the waters warm. Plenty of opportunities to join groups throughout the week or weekend.

3 Likes

Thanks for the invitation. Just set up my account over there.

1 Like

Thanks for the invite!

2 Likes

Hey I am new to the Refuge and moved to DFW area two years ago from Florida. Just got back into golf so I am average at best but play once a week at least. Live in Plano and usually go to Pecan Hollow but looking to explore more courses. Pretty open to playing rounds with anyone at any course.

2 Likes

Welcome! Majority of the DFW folks can be found in the Big Plex Discord. You’ll find the events and tee times around the metroplex in there. Link below!

1 Like

Pecan Hollow rocks. Is it in pretty good shape right now?

1 Like

It’s not too bad for this time of year.

1 Like

Welcome! The discord link is the best place to get plugged into tee times - people post open spots there every week, and we’ll set up separate threads when we have events or other items. Give me a couple days and I’ll get you added to our actual roster so you’ll also get notifications here.

2 Likes

Looking to get adding to the discord. Currently saying the link is not valid. Unless I don’t know how to use discord

i think its only good for 7 days so thats why it wasnt working