A thread for the Texas folks

If anyone wants to play Trinity Forest and support a great charity there’s still plenty of spots open for their 11/28 (Monday after Thanksgiving) event, quite a few of us Big Plex folks will be there.

5 Likes

This looks to be a really good deal … wish I could join.

My buddy and I signed up for the Trinity Forest outing. If any refugees want to join our group, add Ian Rudebusch as a playing partner. We’re going with a forecaddie and carrying our own bags.

Gentlemen, I’ve got a buddy who’s down in El Paso who as a geographical bachelor and looking to meet some folks to play golf with. He is not currently in the NLU ecosystem, but I’m hoping you boys can change that. Anyone in the Fort Bliss/El Paso area that I can link him up with?

I’m 5 hrs east of him lol

1 Like

When is this outing at TF?

God, Texas is massive….

5 Likes

If it helps (it doesn’t), I’m 10 hours east of El Paso haha

3 Likes

2 Likes

11/28. Signup link is a couple posts up.

Thanks I may def be down for this. @therealmarkymark you playing?

Has anyone played Pine Dunes recently? Curious about its condition or any other feedback in general. Supposed to play it for the first time in a couple weeks.

I am, playing with my dad and 2 brothers

1 Like

I’m 45 mins down the road in Cruces.

2 Likes

Someone played it in the Big Tex whatsapp. Said it was in good condition. As long as the course hasn’t gone dormant it’s usually in good shape.

Played out there yesterday. Place is in as good a shape as it’s ever been. They usually let the greens firm up over the course of fall/winter, and that was starting to show already. Probably ran more than half my putts 3+ ft. long. Was that due to quicker greens or my shitty putting? A true ‘who can say’ scenario.

4 Likes

Last minute shoutout: next week, Big Plex will be hosting an irons-only/coed best ball event at Keeton Park for a fun mixup. If you’re bored and looking to challenge your iron play during the best golf month of the Texas calendar, we still have plenty of spots.

https://refuge.nolayingup.com/t/big-plex-irons-only-classic-sunday-october-16-2022/79832

Bumping this down here. Original date was cancelled due to the possibility of large storms. That or EAL refused to share Keeton Park with us. Who could possibly say. Anyway, if you’re in Dallas and want to play with some plexers, spots are available. Bring the SO, a friend who’s never touched a club, whoever.

1 Like

Just talked with my clubs, my driver identifies as a 7iron. Just saying!?!
Hope you’re well, NLU brother!

3 Likes

Listen, at this point, if you want to play with 17 clubs, by all means join us.

2 Likes