A thread for the Texas folks

GAC III sign-up is live

Golden Age Classic III - June 11, 2022 at Cedar Crest - Events - No Laying Up

3 Likes

Hey guis, I was out at TPC San Antonio today (humble brag) and scooped up a NLU logo towel behind a green on the back 9. Hit me up if you left it behind.

1 Like

Question for the folks. How hard is it to get on TPC San Antonio if you’re not staying at the resort? Either course

TPC San Antonio? It’s probably attainable on a weekday afternoon. Even as a resort guest I couldn’t get on until 2:24 today. They hold all morning times for the membership.

1 Like

Oh and, fair warning, resort guest fee was $275! Yuk.

1 Like

Let me know if when you’re in town. The accompanied guest rate is $99.

7 Likes

Y’all see her rolling these lag putts, you hatin, you’re just tryna catch her ridin dirty

8 Likes

At least this one doesn’t have text across it that says “GOING FOR IT.”

6 Likes

@Jackt2034 this is where you introduce yourself to the TX folks

1 Like

I have enjoyed the pine dunes Instagram photo contests that do not require the photo to be from pine dunes.

2 Likes

Have some respect, they’re called GOLFIES

5 Likes

BREAKING NEWS: This has now gone beyond Pine Dunes. She is taking over the world of golf instagram with her new page!

1 Like

14 Likes

If anyone was wondering like myself wtf is a “golfie”, here you go. I made myself sick finding this:

I don’t endorse flooding this instagram with DM’s or tagging it in images like the one below but I certainly will never condemn it…

9 Likes

Headshot: Me hitting an unaware pigeon with a thinned shot
Fashion: my Adidas pants ripping at the crotch when I squat to look at the green
Candid: I should “candidly” quit playing golf
Fine Art: beats me man, I just want to play golf

2 Likes

I wonder if you can apply the $150 gift card towards the $30,000 initiation fee or its just for Travis Mathew polos from the pro shop

8 Likes

ahem one of four available polos, none the same pattern, and one each of Small, Medium, XL and XXL sizes.

Oh, and each on a different table with other polos of different brands, one putter head cover, and some Top Flite golf balls on sale.

1 Like

Any DFW newticles interested in playing Buffalo Creek at 7:30 tomorrow morning? Have at least one spot, probably 2.

Fellow DFW golfer saying hi to all the fellow sickos out there. Looking forward to getting more engaged with the Dallas roost, and hopefully put 18 on the card with yall. For those on IG, I post a pic here or there under @deezputts.

Some of my local favs are:
Cedars
Pecan Hollow
Grapevine
Sherill
Texas Star
Rangers
Rockwood
Squaw Creek

3 Likes

Welcome Justin, and thanks for reaching out earlier. Below, I’ll link our local WhatsApp chat, which is the easiest way to get linked up for regular rounds with our group, and a signup sheet to join our “Roost.” This will give you some overall info on the Roost, and then will send you notices when we have Big Plex specific posts and threads.

Big Plex Roost/Local Chapter - Google Sheets

1 Like