A thread for the Texas folks

I’ve made a double bogey right before an eagle (HIO actually, no big deal), which I suppose was a Double, Eagle.

12 Likes

I have one double eagle, and I want nothing to do with membership at PD.

2 Likes

Subtle. Very.

2 Likes

I love finding hidden estate golf courses, and this is probably one of my favorite ones ever. Not listed, but turn on satellite view and look directly north of this garden shop. I forget which architect did it but he had a little blurb about it on his website where he obviously was trying to keep the owner anonymous and the location private. For someone who wants to go to Argentina almost solely to try and play Ellerstina, it’s pretty cool to see we have one in our backyard.

4 Likes

Is this a Jackson-Kahn design? “Fay Ranch? I Checked out their website after listening to their interview on TFE. I knew the location looked like Texas hill country but couldn’t find it exactly.

You should share this in the “Illuminati courses” thread

2 Likes

I’ve played this one quite a bit:
Sand Hill Farm - Google Maps

The land is owned by the owner of Mustang Cat (huge Cat heavy equipment dealership) and he built the course for his family whom all have houses on the property. You can only play it if you’re a Mustang Cat employee or a customer brought on by an employee. It’s in great shape and is a lot of fun, we use it for our yearly Ryder Cup tournament between my friends, two of whom work for the company.

5 Likes

Yes, that’s it! The name sounds right and I’m pretty sure it has a full time superintendent. I don’t think I would ever leave if I had that on my property.

1 Like

https://refuge.nolayingup.com/t/illuminati-courses/57811?u=ttu19

There’s a few of these in Texas that we’ve identified. It’s pretty much the dream life.

2 Likes

Lmao, this is poetry. God bless the content queen!!

4 Likes

Christ…it’s so cringey.

Idk if anyone has ever skimmed through the google reviews but there’s some hidden gold

7 Likes

“We don’t want to over commercialize with homes”

“Uhh, I just want to know where 8 tee box is”

11 Likes

“Good players like fast greens, Joy.”

The “responses from owner” are all over the place. Either “thank you for your kind review” or “actually you’re wrong for wanting an organized tee sheet”

2 Likes

Every owner response:

3 Likes

To be fair, a lot of the reviews are the same way. It’s entertainment all the way around

And as I mentioned to @Insulin_And_Bogeys this weekend, a prompt and well stocked bev cart is worth 2-3 stars for every golf course google review

3 Likes

**unless you’re a “double eagle member” in which case please sprawl your hovel wherever you please"

6 Likes

I have played it a few times. pretty cool place. FAY= Fuck All Ya’ll (owners running joke)

1 Like

Welcome. It’s hard to beat a good fried catfish platter.

5 Likes

This reminds me of one of my favorite bored at work pastimes. I’ll go to places that are universally recognized as world class and check out their lowest rated google reviews. This one from Ballybunion always cracked me up. Mind you this is a top 30 golf course in the world and was in the midst of one of the worst droughts Ireland experienced in recent history.

3 Likes

I could do this all day

4 Likes