A thread for the Texas folks

Yeah, based on what I found online there’s no reason I would have ever thought about this place back in early '00s. Pics online look cool, now, though - just weird to think of Gladewater as a golf destination…

1 Like

In Dallas for a couple days looking to play Thursday morning if anyone needs one!

Played it two weeks ago on my way back to Louisiana. It’s fantastic.

14 Likes

That’s awesome. I haven’t played much East Texas golf, not even Pine Dunes gasps. So if I could go and play two courses in a weekend, that would make it a lot more appealing.

Man, far side of Tyler for those of us coming from the South. Long drive.

1 Like

I’m in Kerrville a fair amount. Will need to check that out. Have played Buckhorn, Schreiner and Commance Trace. Jumping up 16 never occurred to me, though I have driven past it numerous times.

New Texan here in the DFW area! Is there any good skins games or money games known around the area? Best public mens clubs in the area? Best muni tracks around? any help would be much appreciated!

I posted this above, but it’s a good start on public courses. We have tons here. The other thing about pretty much all of these except maybe Texas Rangers is that you can walk. There’s a ton of great golf here. What area are you living in, because I can almost guarantee that there’s a good course nearby.

3 Likes

We’ve also got new WhatsApp group chat going with a bunch of us too if you want to join. Good way to get in on a game/round with others in here.

1 Like

Some of you might’ve already seen the email but it looks like there’s a sale through shortpar4.com for TGA that gets you Srixon Z-Star and Z-star XV for $31/dozen down from $43.

1 Like

Anyone in here a member at Brookhaven? Would like to pick your mind about a few things if you can shoot me a PM.

Not a member but have played it (Masters course) with a co-worker buddy recently and will be going again to play the Champions course soon. I got some details on pricing, etc. from him. I’m curious what questions you might have…if I can’t answer them myself I’m sure my buddy could help. I enjoyed my round…was low-key. The vibe for a country club is not at all snobby and almost felt more like a good muni on the course. I’ve been considering joining because i have a young son who would love the pool area and my wife would probably enjoy playing the shorter course (President’s).

Right on, I had someone else reach out who’s a member but really just trying to get some info on vibes, course quality, ease of booking good tee times/getting our for a few holes here and there during a week. I’m going to jump off a tall building if I play another 2.5 hour 9 at 5:30 on a weekday.

I’ve played the Master’s course several times and it’s pretty forgettable. #4 is top 5 worst holes I’ve played. Probably have hotter takes if I had to pay for any of those rounds. Solid range and practice areas though.

2 Likes

God now that I think about it, 4 stinks, 8 stinks, 10 stinks.

I really was pretty impressed with the vibe for a CC but I don’t have a ton of experience. Just felt pretty chill and friendly. We played a few weeks ago on a Saturday afternoon and played 18 in less than 4 hours. Where have you been playing lately that’s taken 2.5 hours for 9 holes at sun-down?

Just saw @Kgilles5 response and must agree, number 4 sucks bad. We both hit what we thought were perfect tee-shots and couldn’t find our balls. And I guess ‘forgettable’ is a good way to describe it because I can’t remember the other holes he mentioned.

1 Like

:point_up_2: :100:

All three holes take driver out of your hand, which to be fair, is kinda my definition of a hole that stinks too :rofl:

No money down and $600 a month. Pretty good deal for a private course in Dallas.

1 Like

9- hole loop with 3 clubs + putter

Where is this

Indian creek

1 Like