A thread for the Texas folks

Hi, my name is Tony, roast me.
@Soly would think your take on this would be unique, glandular issues and all.

4 Likes

Looks like Mr. Football is currently sitting in DFL

1 Like

So much for that dream of playing on tour.

2 Likes
1 Like

What a stupid requirement in Tyler TX on July 28

13 Likes

Howdy everyone. Just wanted to post this in case someone wanted a new polo and wanted to check out Rhoback. They just put these back in stock…

Shameless plug but if you use my referral code, we each get $20 off…

That C. McCoy is Craig, a good golfer in his own right!

2 Likes

Out of towner looking to tee it up around DFW Friday afternoon (and dare the heat exhaustion gods) and/or Saturday AM. Feel free to DM if anyone is looking to tee it up.

We have an extra spot to play Golf Club of Dallas at 6:30 AM Saturday AM.

Hello Guys

Skimmed over the thread and thought id introduce myself.

I am leaving the cold state of Wisconsin and moving to Coppell in a couple of days. Im 22 years old and have been golfing my entire life. I am a Wisconsin 1.4 handicap and have no knowledge of any gems in the DFW area (I’m sure I could look back through and find some). Any go-to’s to start my Texas golf career?

Thanks for the suggestions!

5 Likes

You’re going to have a lot of really decent public courses here. A few that we rotate through are:

Irving golf club, grapevine golf club, all the Dallas munis (Steven’s park, Keeton park, cedar crest, Luna vista, tennison park), Golf Club of Dallas, Thorntree, Mesquite, Sherril Park (course 1 got burned bad in the freeze), Firewheel (3 courses with the Lakes being one of the tougher public courses), rockwood, Rangers, Tierra verde, Hidden creek, riverside.

There’s really a ton of great golf here. That’s just the tip of the iceberg and really just courses that my buddies and I play frequently.

1 Like

Hop in our WhatsApp and get to know folk/get rounds when people have openings

4 Likes

Sorry I missed this. I need to check this thread more often. I live in Fredericksburg so if you get down here for a round of golf shoot me a DM.

1 Like

No worries. We played Lady Bird and loved it. Really fun layout!

They just redesigned the bunkers out there which has made it much more difficult than it used to be.

It is a great layout. I play most of my golf out there and it never gets boring.

I was messing around on google maps today and I’m curious if anyone has checked out Tempest Golf Club in east Texas, outside of Longview? I clicked on their site and it said they underwent a major renovation in 2018 and the pictures they have now make it look pretty cool.

I grew up in Longview and have never heard of it. I haven’t been back much since I graduated HS in 2004, so take that for what it’s worth…

1 Like

Says it was done by Jeff Brauer who I believe did Cowboys golf club as well. I enjoy cowboys so I bet it’s worth a shot if you’re in the area.

1 Like

My brother has played it and said it’s pure but kicks you in the teeth for 18 holes. He puts it at #2 in ETX behind Pine Dunes (Whispering Pines excluded). And checking the website now, ~$120 for 36 holes with a cart seems like a tasty day trip on an open weekend

1 Like

It used to have a different name that is escaping me right now.

I think it was called Southern Hills Country Club.