A thread for the Texas folks

I know west of the Mississippi is a large land area but any chance the strapped boys are in Texas? I know there were at Steven’s and cedar crest a few months ago….

@djpie @MerchCzar @Randy

2 Likes

I’m hoping they’d wait until football season and do the West Texas, Friday Night Lights thing. Driving for four hours at a time to find some hidden gem in the middle of oil and cotton fields is about as Strapped as it gets. But I’d settle for some DFW action.

7 Likes

Any DFW folks play out at Luna Vista recently? Playing out there Friday afternoon with some buddies from work, but no one has any clue what the course conditions are like.

Last time I was out there was a couple months ago but it was post the freeze. Seemed like they did okay with that, can’t speak to it after all the rain we’ve had though.

1 Like

I played there about a month ago. Like @SpiethGotMono hinted at, the rain made it really muddy and some greens were in a tough spot post-freeze. But for a weekday walking rate of like $15, it’ll play great.

1 Like

Get to play Pine Dunes tomorrow anyone else going to be there?

3 Likes

Luna Vista was really in pretty good condition. Minimal burn from the freeze. The course is a nice routing and was a great walk. The onto downside is it’s loud out there. With all the construction activity right outside and bordering on a shooting range there’s not a lot of peace and quiet.

Extra spot today at Sherrill Park course 1 at 12:16.

1 Like

We’ve had a few spots open up for this last minute if anyone else is interested in signing up, put your name on the sheet (we’ll update it later tonight) and/or DM @mctrees02 and me.

2 Likes

tried to send a DM, but your profile is set on private

Go to send messages and manually enter my username and it will let you send me a message

Had the opportunity to play in the Fort Worth Mid Am this weekend. Saw more than a few nest towels on bags so I’m betting a handful of you played as well (only guy I knew was @WhineyCracker52 so sorry if I didn’t recognize the rest of y’all). Just wanted to give a shoutout to how fun of an event it was. The Rock and Pecan Hollow were in top tier shape, 4 hour rounds both days, some incredible scoring, and every guy I met was nothing but friendly. 10/10 will play again, although I will be working on my handicap to get out of the championship flight cause I do not have 67-68 in me!

6 Likes

@GrantC was out there, and I’m pretty sure he came in 2nd in Flight #2!

3 Likes

Anyone have any insight on golf in/around Fredricksburg?

Lady Bird is a quaint track. Boot ranch is fantastic if you have connections

1 Like

No connections here. Didn’t know if LB was good or if we should drive somewhere closer to Austin

I like Lady Bird a lot, there is also Buck Horn in Comfort and Commanche Trace in Kerrville

3 Likes

Buckhorn is a good deal. It’s been in great shape for the price the few times I’ve played it.

1 Like

I would second Kerrville and Buckhorn. I’ve played a lot at Kerrville and it is a very fun muni. If I remember correctly, Buckhorn is a little more pricey but very fun as well

I think Buckhorn, Lady Bird and Scott Schreiner (Kerrville Muni) are all about $50. Comanche Trace I believe is around $100+/-.

1 Like