A thread for the Texas folks

okay cool, thanks

Any insight into why that guy got DQ’d during your qualifier?

No clue. Wish I had the story

I’m in if the spot is still open.

1 Like

2 Likes

I’ll be out there as well.

1 Like

Can confirm that he’s listed in the field. Maybe he’s associated with I Am A Golfer foundation and that’s how he’s doing it every week? I have no idea why you’d want to.

Someone tell his partners to recount for him…

No limit on number of qualifying attempts. I imagine that will remain the case unless the event becomes so popular that multiple entries preclude a large number of first-try entrants.

1 Like

Lesson learned at the DAC qualifier. Get better and play in the Gross division.

3 Likes

Chipping and putting saved me today.

5 Likes

Congrats!!

1 Like

Thanks! I’m super pumped to get to see Trinity Forest

4 Likes

Coworker just booked a tee time for Stevens Park on Sunday. Will be my first time. This week just got a whole lot better.

7 Likes

Coming into the Dallas area at the end of July. Have time for two rounds (Friday AM and Sunday AM) around a work conference. Flying into Love, staying in McKinney. Looking for any recommendations. @SliceyMcShankerston mentioned a handful of spots…Pecan Hollow making the most sense with our schedule, and area we are staying. Has anyone been out recently to see how the frost has done? Are there any “must plays” in the area…from doing some quick search, it seems as though the McKinney area may have quite a few private clubs, and may not be the best area for public golf.

You are right, McKinney has 2 private clubs. Pecan Hollow is usually solid for a muni, but I haven’t been there recently. I live on west side of the Metroplex. Two courses I would consider are The Trubute and Old American in The Colony, not that much further than PH. Again, haven’t played there this season but i really enjoy The Tribute. And Old American is hosting the LPGA tour event this week, so it should be in good shape and could check it out with TV coverage, if any this week.

Pecan Hollow is overall in pretty great shape, there’s a green on the front that has some issues, but I would still say it’s definitely worth it. I also would say Tribute and Old American, but I know the tribute was in some rough shape around late March/ Early April due to the freeze.

1 Like

Agree with those guys. I’d play OA before Tribute, but you may have trouble getting a tee time before 11 at OA.

1 Like

I’m not from Dallas, but I have a strong love affair brewing with OA. It’s a big ball park, whiffs of Streamsong or Bandon when you play out there. You should totally try it.

1 Like

Heritage Ranch out in Fairview/Allen is a really fun play. It’s a semi private in a retirement community so they always keep it in tip top shape.

2 Likes

Can confirm Pecan Hollow is in solid shape. Played there Sunday and greens were the fastest and best I’ve seen for $48/round.

2 Likes