A thread for the Texas folks

Soft and SHAGGY. I’ve never seen greens that long in my life, but that could just be a result of not being able to cut them with all rain early this week.

Probably a long shot, but if anyone needs a single for Saturday morning at Cedar Crest, I’ll be there. I’m currently with some randoms at 1:00 but I’d love something earlier

Bump

Agreed with your take on Keeton. It’s so sandy that I get pretty frustrated hitting wedges/iron shots. From uptown you might be able to get to Luna Vista in 15-20 minutes. Can be rough in spots but if you can get to the far left side I’ve found some really nice patches to hit from. Lots of targets, especially for half to full wedges. Large putting green but is typically on the slower side. Decent chipping area if you have it to yourself.

2 Likes

Anybody have the results for the most recent qualifiers for the Dallas Amateur? Looks like three qualifying rounds are done, but I can’t see the results. Just want a sense of how well you need to score (so far) to qualify.

Qualifier 4 is sunday so i think all 3 are already posted.

Did you even try to google it?
https://www.iamagolfer.com/events/2021-dallas-amateur-championship

1 Like

Yes smartass. I’m a dumbass, but not an entirely inconsiderate one. This is the page that I found, and I could not access the results. Thank you for the link, though, that’s helpful.

2 Likes

It was just the first search result hence the snark.

No worries, didn’t mean to clap back so hard. Thank you for the link. When in doubt, I’m an idiot.

I have an extra spot for Rockwood at 6:54 Saturday morning. I think there might be 2 other open spots as well. Lmk if you’re interested in getting out early

You’re going to be playing in front of my biennial group. They got the 7:03 tee time out there. Of course the one weekend I’m gone.

1 Like

Looks like a guy named Stephen Lamb has tried qualifying in the net division every single week. Wonder if he’ll be there this weekend as well. I’ll be doing my qualifier this weekend too.

2 Likes

Oh yeah …I wanted to say something on here about the guy but didn’t know if he was in here…
Blamed the 2nd qualifier on the rain….

Same same, hoping the rain holds off.

That’s allowed?

Somebody should’ve told that to Rickie before US Open qualifying.

Apparently so. Seems weird but guess they’ll take the money if someone wants to shell out the $100 for each qualifier.

Best of luck to you. Do you know when we’re supposed to find out our tee times?

@Wnf08a when did you find out yours?

I found out Tuesday afternoon
It’s suppose to be 3 days