A thread for the Texas folks

We are once again throwing up the bat signal looking for 1 player to join the DFW team for the NLU Texas Cup at Pine Dunes June 4-6.

Total cost is sub $500 for accommodations & golf.

1 Like

Happy to see another Amarillo person here. I grew up in Amarillo but moved to Dallas. I grew up playing TCC and high school golf was always at Ross. Wildhorse was always a great time and easy to go low on. I’ve only played Mustang a hand full of times when I go back to visit. I’ve heard the new ACC is pure.

1 Like

I might know of someone. I don’t think he’s on NLU though.

All are welcome to join, no need to be apart of NLU in anyway!

I sent him a text. @jdonelson and @chitwood have played with him before.

1 Like

Mustang is all you can handle if the wind blows, which as you know it always does. I used to laugh when I lived in Houston and guys would talk about a 2 club wind when it was blowing 10 mph.

Amarillo Country Club is extremely nice. One of my fraternity buddies is a member and I’ve been lucky enough to a few invites this spring. It’s insane how much nicer they’re able to keep the greens there.

How the merch at pine dunes?

Good. FJ, UA, and Travis Matthew mostly.

1 Like

Good luck to anyone teeing it up at the DAC

Thanks! Really battling a left miss right now so we’ll see how this goes tomorrow

1 Like

Cedar crest must be soft today…
Lot of low numbers in the net group
Or a lot of sandbaggers and I played myself the last two years

3 Likes

Ya, the guy in first right now looks like he’s getting 17 strokes and he shot a gross 38 on the front.

3 Likes

Looks like you made a nice run at it today. So close to qualifying. How was it out there?

2 Likes

How’d you find results?

Yup…top 8 qualify and I came in T9…ouch!! No wind at all. Course was really wet and played long. Greens were unbelievably slow. I had all the putts.

3 Likes

Great round!

1 Like

I thought it was capped at 15 hdcp?

It is, but a 15 index probably gets 17 or more strokes from the course. I’m a 17.5 and I get about 20 from the one ups, so tipped out it seems right

1 Like

Will be traveling through Dallas from Tuesday 25/May till Saturday 29/May —b looking for games / tee times with fellow NLU’ers while I’m in town for a few days! Will be renting out a car so am able to drive for a bit if we can get a cool group going! Any suggestions / ideas super welcome. First time in the Lone Star state.

1 Like