A thread for the Texas folks

Dumb question, what is the “open” division?

Gross division
No handicap is taken into account

You think it’ll be this high?

@fore_right Get in here and defend your honor!

1 Like

Yeah the highest that got in on the net division the last 2 years is a 78

They take the top 15 % and ties

Sounds like Net division is the answer then!

2 Likes

I hope you get into the net group

2 Likes

Not sure what I need to defend, I haven’t won it yet. 2nd two years in a row…

Many of you know I’ve been going through a traumatic break-up. I’m not referring to a break-up with my ex…but rather a break-up with the push cart my ex recently took back. Thank you for your thoughts and prayers during this difficult time.

With that being said, I’m in the market for a new push cart. Any recommendations from the push cart mafia out there? (Or anyone have a single friend who owns a push cart that they could set me up with?)

7 Likes

Would love to hear some of yalls thoughts on the list Dallas Morning News of the best courses in Texas… they have a lot categories …

1 Like

I’ll need to look at it again, but I don’t agree with a lot of it based on the courses I’ve played (mostly public). But that Texarkana course must be awesome to beat out the Rock.

@Jdonelson I was in Austin last weekend and got out to Delaware Springs last Sunday. Course was in very nice shape, even though the rain on Friday / Saturday kept it from being as firm and fast and you probably got it.

2 nits to pick from the round:

1. we played at an abysmal 5 hour pace, which put a huge dent into our $30 all you can play deal

2. hole #1 is trash due to being a par 5 that takes driver out of your hands and feeds everything to where the fairway ends early on the right side. Learned the hard way without a Sherpa with me

Great spot though, looking forward to getting out there again :call_me_hand:t3:

2 Likes

I just happened to play Southwyck Golf Club in Pearland one time while down in Houston, and it was one of my least favorite courses I’ve played in a while. Cedar Crest should be higher, I believe Irving Golf Club deserves to be ranked above most of the Austin Muni’s.
Bottom line is Colligan (Trey Kemp) does great work and a lot of times with not much money.

1 Like

Agree on 1. It’s a FAR better hole from the farthest back tees, for exactly the reasons you list.

3 Likes

Brack is the 7th highest ranked San Antonio area course…that’s ridiculous

2 Likes

Stevens not being in the top 50 public is an absolute joke. DMN starting to feel more like a golf digest hotlist type money grab…

2 Likes

I 100% agree with Blackjack Crossings being the best public course in the state.

1 Like

You mind posting a snip of the list? It’s behind the paywall for me.

1 Like

4 Likes