A thread for the Texas folks

Welcome @BHstraitvibin - keep lurkin’ and you’ll probably find a game. There is a lot of Cedar Crest love on this thread.

2 Likes

Good afternoon everybody!

I am trying to gauge interest in a possible event on September 11th or October 2nd in my hometown of Pampa, Texas. It could be very well a deep sense of nostalgia, but I find that the Pampa Country Club is an excellent old course. The design dates back to the early 30s and was taken on by an “expert architect ”… whatever that means in the 1930s. There was only one guy who was considered an expert in the area and might have crossed over from Oklahoma. No evidence but a hunch.

The videos don’t do the elevation changes justice. Given the fact the rest of the landscape is pancake flat, it’s remarkable they knew to make this piece of land a golf course.

Is it the middle of nowhere… Yes. Can we do a ton as far as golf, food, drink, and for local charity with 100 bucks. Yes. (Thinking CASA of the High Plains)

I know the folks in Pampa and at the Country Club will go out of their way to make us feel at home.

If you have interest, take the attached pole.

Thanks for your time!
AJ

Interested in a Pampa, Texas event?
  • Yes (Sep 11th)
  • Yes (Oct 2nd)
  • No

0 voters

A panhandle Refuge event could be really cool.

6 Likes

If you go and are on 287 DO NOT I MEAN IT DO NOT SPEED in Estelline…
It is a speed trap, there are billboards that tell you its a speed trap
It goes from 75 to 50 must faster than it should…

Wish i could make this event but seeing as thats middle of football season I am out

2 Likes

Confirmed on Esteline. Source: my insurance between the age of 16-24.

Good luck on your season!

1 Like

Do not speed in any damn town speed zone on 287, especially if you drive a vehicle that clearly indicates you’re just passing through.

@Wnf08a can’t get road game in Pampa on your team’s non-district schedule or something?

1 Like

Same for Iowa Park.

1 Like

The Dallas Armature Championship registration is open…

https://www.iamagolfer.com/events/2021-dallas-amateur-championship

1 Like

Beloved Texans and others,

The waitlist is getting short for Buccee’s Cup. We are nearly there but things come up. If you are interested in being considered if a spot opens up, please fill out the waitlist. Gonna be smashing fun. smash

4 Likes

@hebrewhammer hop on the list homes

1 Like

Anybody going to the KF event at Rangers GC today?

All ya’ll in central texas, make a trip out to play Delaware Springs as soon as you can. The course is as firm as I’ve ever seen it, the greens are smooth as silk, bouncy like trampolines, and probably running a legit 10.5. It’s so much fun, but won’t last past the next big rain and/or whenever they aerate the greens. It’s the best version of that place - go now.

6 Likes

Great to hear.

Someone once said best public greens in central Texas hands down. I had to see it to believe it. What is their secret? Actually caring?

Not sure if anyone has seen the NLU Instagram stories today. But seems as if they are working on a Crash Course for Dallas. Had Cedar Crest and Stevens on there this morning.

21 Likes

leo

22 Likes

Hey y’all:

New to the Refuge. I’m an East Texas native, living in Dallas now. Also spent some time in Austin. I’m hacking away at Tenison or Stevens Park most weekend.

3 Likes

Aloha BigCow, see you out there. I’m the guy on the adjacent fairway.

Hey y’all,

First time posting in the refuge. I’m a Tech grad that has moved back to FW after growing up here. Usually can be found at Squaw Creek or Rockwood. Currently suffering from two-way miss PTSD

4 Likes

Welcome! I’m also in Fort Worth and play Squaw, Rockwood, and Hawk’s all the time. Would be happy to play sometime.

Guis! How do we link with the strapped boys in DFW!?!?!??