Year Of The Players/Players Distance Irons(YOTPI)

Been gaming MP-32s for the last year or so. I love them. For blades, they are as forgiving as it gets (cut muscle adds a tiny bit of perimeter weighting). But I hit a guy’s ZX7 MKIIs at the range the other day, and it was like a whole new world. Currently building a set. Hi :wave:

4 Likes

Absolutely love my ZX5 irons. Very in on this take.

3 Likes

Exact same reason im changing from my apex 16s. When im swinging at my best in mid season form the nukey ball makes scoring impossible. Had a perfectly struck 9 iron from the fairway (should be 145-150) go 175 over the flag into death. Can’t get out of mid-hcap hell with that in the bag!

1 Like

Problem with “hotter” ive had is the hotness isn’t reliable.

3 Likes

The T100’s look a lot like blades at address but are surprisingly forgiving for anyone in the market for somethin like that. I absolutely love mine.

3 Likes

Do you find them to be clicky at all? Is that sound acceptable?

1 Like

Zx7 gang member signing in. I’m a pretty constant tinkerer I haven’t even considered looking at new irons for the past 3 years. That’s saying a lot for me, they’re fantastic.

2 Likes

Would Sub 70 699 pros be considered a player’s iron?

(Don’t mind me, just doing some market research)

1 Like

Do you have those? Was thinking of building a driving iron/puncher/fairway finder and they’re really cheap

I do- they’re extremely hot and I think they’re pretty well built!

I have a utility 2-iron I won’t part with, but the 4-A could be hitting the Silk Road before too long. Good clubs but I joined a cult a few years ago, etc

1 Like

For $135 it’s worth giving it a shot. I can replace my 22* hybrid and that utility may be more versatile

Yup. The “oh shit, sit the hell down ball” is always out there lurking. Like, sick! That 6 iron just went 205, to bad I was playing for 185!

2 Likes

I essentially only use the 2-iron off of the tee, it’s useless in the rough and not very practical off the fairways at most courses outside of links golf

I had a set of those before I joined the blade cult… this is personal opinion but those sounded AWFUL. Just waaaay too clicky for me. It was honestly off-putting.

Edit: now that I’m thinking about it, I think every set of clubs I’ve ever had aside from those Sub70’s, were forged. So it was a giant blind spot for me and the change was too drastic to my feel. It was jarring.

3 Likes

I’m not going to be the one to derail this thread but you’re correct that they don’t sound great. I suppose that’s part of the trade off of a “Player’s Iron” but it seems worthwhile if you want a screaming trampoline launcher (hitting a 9-iron 175 is a blast, even if it doesn’t necessarily mean you’re going to score well)

1 Like

There is 100% a forged iron cult in this place, and I’m 100% a member. It’s gotten to the point where I went back to Mizuno wedges because they’re forged and I found Vokeys to be a bit clicky.

I may have a Titlesit equipment thing, it all sounds clicky after having Mizunos for so long.

6 Likes

Monitoring this space. Currently gaming JPX 900s with my first fitting scheduled in a couple of weeks.

2 Likes

I play 919 irons and vokey wedges and have found that if you hit them a little fat everytime it takes the “clickiness” right out of them

8 Likes

Shoutout the Blow Pig.

3 Likes

I have never felt more seen or appreciated in my entire life.

2 Likes