Year Of The Players/Players Distance Irons(YOTPI)

That’s the exact reason I got rid of my Apex 19’s. They felt and sounded phenomenal. However, they also had the nukey ball in them that always showed up when I least expected it. My JPX 921’s don’t seem to have nearly as many issues with that thankfully. Excited to see this thread kick off after airing my thoughts on YOTB a few times!

3 Likes

2 Likes

Back on topic to distance control the cobra tours were hands down the best for me. Unbelievably good and consistent.

1 Like

I’m bout to order wilson staff CBs can I play in here?

1 Like

#wilsongang did you try the blades though? They’re sensational. Big fan. Also I’m not sure who you’re ordering with but DD had great pricing on the Wilson staff line.

3 Likes

I have 1984 fluid feel blades in a birth year set if i want to play them. I do not prefer a thin line or a small head. I am currenting in some ugly ass d300s but they got me from a 12 to a 5.

I’ve never hit anything Cobra other than a Speedzone driver and my beloved F9 tour 4 wood.

And yes, I am quite proud of my YOTB takes. 99% of the folks that play blades shouldn’t.

1 Like

I had to google “Players Iron” to make sure my CF16s qualified, but we in here. #ganggang

2 Likes

16 Likes

Look man, I’ve never hid this take. Haha, doesn’t mean I wouldn’t gladly drink some bourbon together while you beat my ass in pool. Lol

1 Like

I had to do the same thing with my hot metal pros. It says there are players distance irons, so I am counting it!!!

1 Like

1 Like

21 Likes

I didn’t see myself reading a Callaway White Paper this morning, but here we are.

4 Likes

I am in the JPX 921 forged not the hotmetal not the pro. I am a man on an island, too bad to play blades, too prideful to play true distance irons.

7 Likes

You’re saying I don’t need my Callaway 2 iron with my X-Stiff shaft?!?!?

2 Likes

As someone who plays T100 I’m also chilling on that island.

Those jpx hotmetals are pretty nice

IMG_2121

4 Likes

Just officially placed my order for a new set of T200’s (r300 shafts, 2 flat on the lie). So pumped to get them in time for the start of the season

3 Likes

If i had the disposable income I would probably get rid of the irons I have right now and move into something that is hotter. When I am hitting the ball well I love my clubs, but half a club based on how much I play and handicap would probably save me a shot or two a round just being pin high more often.

But unless anyone wants to donate a new set of hotter clubs to a law student I am waiting probably about 2 1/2 years till after the bar exam lol.