Whoop Band | NLU Group Code: COMM-43CE09

Also would like more reviews so I can figure out if I’ve been right and it’s fugezi or I’m wrong and it’s helpful

Had one for about four months. Thought about the Oura Ring also but went with Whoop. I like it and do find the rest/recovery stuff beneficial and interesting.

My HRV was on the lower side for my age so I researched and changed up some things I do and it has increased.

I have found the Whoop podcasts to be very helpful. The ones where they have their people on to explain things like HRV and strain really helped me understand it more.

1 Like

I’ve had mine since February recently updated from the 2.0 band to the 3.0 band.

I like it and find it to be helpful.

I don’t like that it calls me on my bullshit when I don’t sleep enough and it is interesting to see what alcohol does to my sleep.

When I get a red recovery, I do really work to do better the next night.

1 Like

I’ve had a 3.0 since September and have tried to avoid this thread to give an unbiased opinion.

The good…

Decent activity tracker and more accurate than any other wrist based one I’ve found (more on that later though). Super comfortable, lightweight and built to the shape of your wrist. Charger is unique and convenient as well.
Data is super interesting to view. The entire company is essentially built on its data capabilities and it shows. I find the strain and recovery fairly accurate for the most part. If I workout hard, it shows. If I drink all night, it shows. It somehow knows when I’m golfing vs working out which is cool as well.

The bad…

Still has plenty of inaccuracies. Doesn’t register certain workouts or heart rate increases. Overinflated simple tasks like mowing the lawn or scrubbing a shower. Sleep scores need work as it mostly just goes off time in bed. I’ve consistently had over 95% scores when I know I slept like shit. Need to improve on the behavior change portion of their service. I can track all this shit but don’t really know what to do with it. I think pro athletes that have the consultants at their disposal have an advantage but they need to better build that knowledge into their larger user pool.

Overall, I think Whoop is probably a leader when it comes to tracking all the factors it claims to track.
Is it 100% accurate? No.
Are you going to find value in it if you only want to track calories or heart rate? No.
Can it help you understand your life and routine a little better? Yes.

I also don’t know how anyone can claim this is a long-term product for them. It provides valuable information at first but once you understand the pattern and how your body reacts, it’s quite predictable. I can see many people learning about themselves, optimizing a routine, then dropping the subscription because they’ve “hacked” their process.

4 Likes

I thought about doing just this, but it’s a 6-month commitment minimum.

1 Like

Right, so what’s that, 180 bucks or so? I think from Whoop’s perspective that’s a total loss, they want people to spend years on these things.

Whoop band came in today. Really excited to see what it can do for me

what did you think so far, i ordered one last night after watching the presidents cup and getting bored during the commercials

As an elite athlete, I will refrain from answering. Kidding obviously (or am I)…THAT SAID, it kills me that we are still on this “golfer’s are elite athletes” brainwash. I’m watching the presidents cup and beisdes DJ, Tiger, Bryson, Finau and Ernie I would be able to physically kick the shit out of everyone on either team with little or no issue.

3 Likes

+Woodland

2 Likes

Good point. But I’m sizing up Finau right now and to quote @alexshreff, “I don’t think he wants the smoke.”

3 Likes

does JT have a double chin at this point? was looking puffy on the first tee

There’s no way he’s under 150 lbs these days.

2 Likes

The band has been awesome for me so far. Just having something to tell me how hard I’m going in the gym has influenced me to workout more and more intensely.

The sleep stats are interesting as well and give me an idea of how much sleep I need each night. It was really enlightening to see how much time I spent in bed vs actually sleeping.

My recovery has been crap so far (not a single day in green and only two days in yellow) even though I am hitting 100% on my sleep performance. Idk how to fix it… So that will require some research.

2 Likes

Is there anything you recommend as a primer for using it? I got mine a week and a half ago and I’m still trying to figure it out.

What are you having issues with specifically?
I didn’t do any prep work, just jumped in!

Also as a note, it takes several iterations (and responses for the daily questions) to calibrate your recovery, strain, and sleep. Mine is finally calibrated and it is far more accurate

This is a blanket statement but I can see the benefit to having one of these things. I would just caution those who use them to not assign how you feel to the recovery percentage or whatever. Seems like it’d be quite the nocebo.

“Man, my watch thing says I’m only 18% recovered. I must be totally wrecked.”

Not something I’m saying anyone is doing. Just a watch out that I felt like could be helpful to those using them.

They have a podcast series that is pretty interesting and some of the earlier ones go into the science behind how and why things are calculated. Also, if you log into their website using your account, you can access more data and dashboards than on the app, but also poke around things like the Help Center, which answers some of your basic questions at a surface level but has a few topics where you can dive really deep if that’s your interest (think published white papers).

1 Like

have been using mine for a few months now, it’s crazy how accurate it is to your body, i’ve been playing tons of golf and whenever i play on a green / high recovery day, my focus and energy levels shows on the course

of course, im def not an athlete by any means, but i am working on becoming a professional refuge duel event player… not quite there yet

3 Likes

Are you at the point where you know about where you’ll be in terms of recovery without having to look at the app? And do you do anything different knowing certain things about your body?

For the most part, I know I’ll be in the green if I eat healthy, don’t drink and get enough sleep (#noshit) which kind of goes back to a previous post I made about why one would want to keep it in the long-term after it gets predictable.

1 Like