Western Union Communion - RACDG Norcal vs Rocky Mtn. Rohlers (4/7/23)

Born and raised in Colorado, now residing on the peninsula. Would love to be a part of all of this including if a return trip to Denver happens down the line!!

2 Likes

If we make the trip out to Denver, I would love to play Commonground. Indeed,if we make that trip, I will play Commonground, whether itā€™s on the itinerary or not.

6 Likes

How can we get Mr. Big @Randy on board with this?

1 Like

If we make a trip, we will be playing CG at least once. Full stop. With the kid caddies.

4 Likes

Love CG. Canā€™t give the CGA enough credit for what they accomplished with that course.

Throwing out some dates

• March 9 - 12
  • March 16 - 19
  • March 23 - 26
  • March 30 - April 2
  • April 6 - 9

0 voters

I voted for all because golf

3 Likes

Samesies

apologies for being MIA on this, brand new baby has eaten up most of my time, but ready to start locking this trip in.

Looks like weekend of 4/7 is the preferred date, thinking about travel details, should the CO guise plan on flying into SFO? Will likely do a first come-first serve sign up for our roost, @GremlinGolfer is there a max # of players we should aim toward? Lots of interest out here so we shouldnā€™t have a problem filling spots on our end.

Roost Country, letā€™s ride

4 Likes

Oh hey there!

Remind me againā€¦ā€¦did we nail down golf location? Bodega and Northwood? Or somewhere closer to SF? Pacific Grove/Poppy Hills is also a nice weekend south of San Francisco.

You think bringing 8 Rohlers out west is doable? Also for sake of planning I am assuming youā€™d want to play golf Saturday AND Sunday?

We can easily fill 8 spots, weā€™re honestly up for whatever you guys think will be the best weekend with the most golf, none of us have played Pasa so thatā€™s a bucket list item but know itā€™s not really near much else, weā€™ll defer to your best judgment.

Def golf both days, we can catch a late flight back Sunday night

1 Like

If you all are flying from Denver, Southwest flies direct from Denver to Oakland, so worth checking that option as well, since your clubs fly free with Southwest and OAK is generally an easier airport to get in/out of.

2 Likes

great intel, much appreciated. I think Iā€™m going to create the sign up sheet on our end this weekend

1 Like

Well, we can take Pasa off the list. Going under the knife here fairly soon.

1 Like

Time zone change equals an extra hour.

Fly into Oakland.

Corica Park welcome Round.

We help transport you to the North Bay where youā€™ll experience the majesty of the Redwoods and 18 holes of quirk at Northwood.

Then a coastal golf experience with a hundred twists and turns in the form of Bodega Harbour. Love it or hate it, you canā€™t deny itā€™s charm and itā€™s ability to start a conversation. Oh, and itā€™s on the ocean costing $70 or lessā€¦

Then a coastal route south down the Highway 1 taking you through the Sonoma Marin back country where youā€™ll experience the ass backwards hamlets that made Lagunitas Brewing famous.

Howā€™s that for a slice of fried gold?

Thatā€™s whatā€™s in store for you on a whirlwind San Francisco North Bay adventure.

Orā€¦ Pasatiempoā€¦

3 Likes

went back and checked the transcripts and did some thought collecting. Iā€™ll likely be hanged by my constituents if we miss a chance to play Pasa given the incoming renovation, so tried to work that into a 3 day trip.

Option 1:

Fly into Oakland Friday, play Corica Park that day. Play Northwood and Bodega on Saturday, could do just 27 holes and leave some time to make the hike to Santa Cruz that evening, saying 3ish hours so not great, but Pasa on Sunday would be quite the finish, we fly out of San Jose Sunday evening. Basically beast-mode the entire trip.

Option 2:

Fly into Oakland Friday, play Corica Park. Play Gleneagles and Sharp Park Saturday (36), drive to Santa Cruz that night, Pasa on Sunday, makes for an easier drive and get 9 more holes in.

I think it would be good to get Pacific grove in there. It really is fun, and holes 11-16 are really good and all world. In option 2, might make sense to do that on day 2, instead of the city courses.

Even in option 1, might be worth considering going south instead of north. Northwood is good, but Bodega imo isnā€™t that good and Iā€™m not sure worth the drive.

You can drive down south on Friday night, play pacific grove and then you could do 17 mile drive, or drive down to Big Sur and hit the Refuge spa :grinning:. Or play the Hay - the tiger designed 9 holer at pebble. Folks here have played it a couple of times and have loved it.

Hit up Pasa on Sunday on the way back. Compared to option 1, this will be less driving.

Also, at Corica, Iā€™d suggest playing the 9 hole north course twice for 18. It is more fun than the south course. Or if you play 18 on the South, definitely make time for 9 at the north.

1 Like

This is correct. Bodega is . . . fine.

2 Likes

What are they charging for Harding Park these days?

Too much, whatever the cost

1 Like