Waveland Breakfast Ball Club: 2024 (Chicago, IL)

Lastly a standings check after 6 weeks! We are officially 30% through the season with only 14 weeks left.

@treeputttim is sitting atop the leaderboard and @rmbartell is in DFL.

Just a few reminders…

• we only take your top 10 scores and you must play a minimum of 6 rounds to make the playoffs
  • we are only taking the top 8 players this year to playoffs. Australian rugby style playoffs with the top 4 players getting double eliminations and 5-8 single eliminations. Refer to the 2022 Playoffs tab for an example of how it will work.
    Please remember to fill out your quota scores in the 2022 Leaderboard and if anyone knows of any additional weeks they will be out go ahead and put it on the 2022 Sub Sheet so you can get a sub without much stress.

2 Likes

Classy move announcing the pairings on Monday to allow for ample time for practice with @JAD’s ball.

5 Likes

Can anyone sub for a sub on Thursday?

I may be entering the protocols this afternoon and want to give @TheAbeFroman and -insert new partner here- an adequate amount of time to prep, plan and prep for Scottish 4somes. While there may only be a 30% chance I test positive, the decision to WD has been made out of an abundance of caution. I look forward to returning to competition in the near future.

3 Likes

Putting on 4 to determine the tee shot on 5. :fire: :fire: :fire:

2 Likes

Some clarification needed by me: every time I’ve played Scotch Foursomes both players tee off and you go alternate shot from one of the two balls (presumably the better one, although there is some strategy if one person is a better iron player, putter, etc)

2 Likes

This is the way we are doing it. My bad for the confusion

5 Likes

Golf game terms are confusing. I think what you’re describing is a “Pinehurst”. But I’ve definitely seen it described as a Scotch Foursome.

1 Like

You may want to pop this into the chicago thread to see if anyone wants to team up with the Sausage King of chicago

2 Likes

Pending a negative covid test I took today, I will happily sub in.

Will hopefully have it back by tomorrow evening.

3 Likes

If you’re both in the protocols I can take it.

1 Like

Thank ya. I’ll leave it up to @Setwilli

It’s all yours @treeputttim

1 Like

Get well soon you two!

What does this make Jon and my quota? 13?

1 Like

You’re a 9 HC at Sydney right? @TheAbeFroman is a 1. average is a 5 HC so yes 13 is your quota!

1 Like

Tournament committee is expecting wet conditions out there tomorrow. Hoping we can avoid the rain as it looks like most of the rain is scheduled for mid morning/afternoon.

1 Like

16 Likes

Rain suit with a deadly hook. :wave:

5 Likes

-5 for myself and @TrajMahal … was the type of round where we walked away happy with 2 points but somehow clawed our way to 7 points.

Scotch 4somes is by far my favorite format of golf

1 Like

Tasteful +3 on the quota for @Wyclef and me. Stress-free 38 considering we had about 16 feet of made putts.

4 Likes

Same!!!

-1 for @TheAbeFroman and I today

1 Like