Waveland Breakfast Ball Club: 2024 (Chicago, IL)

Almost got one out of the park on 7 but it just stayed in. Thanks for well wishes!

4 Likes

Perfect weather for breakfast ball and the Rory/Tiger/Speith featured group before work.

See the source image

3 Likes

2 Likes

What do the letters next to penalty indicate?

Total grind for a -1 on the quota today.
Topped just about every shot on holes 1 & 2 until @TeddyPargame told me to be an athlete. Played much better the rest of the round. Finally made some putts today.

4 Likes

D for drop, F for fairway bunker and S for sand bunker. Grint counts bunkers as a half stroke “penalty” for your stats

2 Likes

Hit my quota on the final loop. Some round highlights were:

1. got my first scramble save of the year
  2. needed 1 point in the final 3 holes to hit quota. And in true chili fashion I made 10 foot right to left putt to save bogey on 9
  3. lost $2 to @PinkPantser playing Wolf.

Was a great day.

10 Likes

I missed quota. Will figure out by how much

1 Like

Went out and played Waveland today. Played at 6:30 and it was over 2 hours. Just an hour into tee times and the course was already backed up

4 Likes

As a Waveland noob who has only ever played pre-6AM, it’s not at all obvious to me from the layout how the pace of play is so infamously poor. Seems like purely a golfer issue rather than a golf course issue.

5 Likes

Weekly Update:

7 Likes

Need a sub Thursday pls

1 Like

I can sub for ya

2 Likes

Can I get some thoughts from y’all on team games? I know we talked about during the offseason, but is there still enough interest to get into this year?

There has been a ton of sub traffic this year, which is awesome, but takes away from the “team” aspect we were going to try to get after. My recommendation is we scrap the 3 weeks of team games that carry over each time and just do a couple random weeks where each group competes against each other in a scramble and scottish 4somes.

Winning group would get 3 quota points, second gets 0, and third gets -3. We will split the groups up based on handicaps so that its fair. If needed a group can get/give a stroke if their group average index is not within one. Also my thought is we do this during holiday weeks AKA this week and 4th of July week.

We can even add in an extra RTW, as I know everyone loves these weeks.

4 Likes

Agreed from the sub perspective - it would be great to have consistent teams but way easier just to align with the guys who are going to be there on a “team” week.

Idea: red, white, and blue scramble on June 30 before 4th of July weekend where teams of four play a scramble but must play three holes from each set of tees - their call on which hole gets which tee box.

5 Likes

I like the idea of team weeks and I think they would still be fun even if the teams are not persistent.

3 Likes

presented by Red, White, and Blue Beer

1 Like

Rated 50, lagers always getting docked for lack of haze and pastries… that would pair well with sunrise and coyotes.

Alright then lets do a team week this week!

Team game will be Scottish 4somes. How we will do this week will be a bit different than the scramble, but I think it will be fun.

I will randomly pair everyone up and then the two players will play scottish foursomes. They will average their quota to come up with their scottish foursomes quota and go and play as a team and report back with one quota score in relation to their quota. (Have I said quota too many times?).

So therefore we should have 6 scores reported this week.

Then on June 30th we will play a red white and blue scramble. Like @BabblingBrooksKoepka explained above.

3 Likes

Since I know the rest of my week is going to be hell. I am just gonna announce the line ups now while I have time. I used the Syd Handicap on the Google Sheets for the average HC and quotas below.

Sunrise is at 5:20, so first group get there 10-15 minutes early and the other groups follow suit.

Group 1:

• @PinkPantser and Bartell (Average HC is 6 (rounded from 5.5) so Quota is 15)
  • Myself and @TrajMahal (Average HC is 6 so Quota is 12)

Group 2:

Group 3:

For those of you who don’t know how to play Scotch Foursomes its pretty easy and can be explained on the course, but I’ll give it a go here for those who have read this far.

In scotch foursomes teams are made up of 2 players. Players alternate hitting the same ball. The first player tees off, the second player hits the second shot, the first player hits the third shot, and so on until the ball is holed. To this point, the definition of ‘scotch foursomes’ is the same as that of ordinary ‘foursomes’; however, players do not alternate hitting tee shots as they would in foursomes. Instead both Player A and B would tee off on each hole and then decide which tee shot to take and play alt shot in after that.

For any side action you want I suggest playing a skins type match between the group in your foursome.

4 Likes