Waveland Breakfast Ball Club: 2024 (Chicago, IL)

At least there are no boats out.

1 Like

Late childcare adjacent scratch for me. Sorry guis. Next time!

Sounds good @rmbartell l and I just got here

Was a ton of fun getting up early and taking a stroll around the golf course at sunrise today. @TheAbeFroman and @rmbartell were great playing partners!

3 Likes

this warms my heart

1 Like

Besides the wind, seemed like a great morning. Took the dog out before work and missing out stung.

1 Like

Very appreciative of the opportunity to get out there. Have only played that course on weekends midday and 3 hour 9 hole rounds never feel good. I am now hooked on trying to get out there in the early morning.

1 Like

How long did it take yall to finish?

Tee’d off at 6:50 and was done by 8:15. We didn’t try and play fast, but we also weren’t trying to make ever putt in the world so we were fast on the greens.

1 Like

Trying to get an idea if I could make this work. My whole team is on EST so it can be a struggle in the AM sometimes.

Yeah I am lucky enough where my team is on CST or West Coast, so my mornings don’t start until 9am or later most days. It’s great for early morning golf.

1 Like

If we can get next spring and summer what we had this year, get ready for 5:30 and 5:40 and cruising.

1 Like

That sounds much better than going to gym!

1 Like

same.

Glad you guys had a nice walk! Sorry for the late scratch. Evidently kids can impede plans… who knew?

There was a dream that was a breakfast ball league – first two tee times every single Thursday morning. We only had four of us in 2020, but could do 8 or even 12 in 2021.

Stay tuned here and we will get it up and running as early as possible next year.

5 Likes

Kicking myself for not joining the refuge earlier this year, but looking forward to next year!

1 Like

I’m moving to Chicago in a couple months, and I’m very much in for early morning rounds. Looking forward to next Spring as well.

2 Likes

anybody interested in a 9 hole hooky round wednesday midday? thinking 1ish it’ll be clear and in the mid-40’s.

sydney or black would be good by me.

I could be in for that ,2pm for me though.

Then we ride at dawn!

And by dawn I mean 2pm…

1 Like

Very interested in this breakfast ball league for 21! Sounds like a gas.

1 Like