Waveland Breakfast Ball Club: 2024 (Chicago, IL)

It was a great season and our match was mostly a pillow fight, but a fun one. For those interested in how it all went down see below for the scoring. What a year guis

Summary

Hole 1: Two big drives with less than 100 in, but I was way too pumped up and rocketed mine into the far left bunker. Joe makes a comfy 4 and goes one up
Hole 2: Joe just barely makes it over the trees and ends up blocked by the evergreens. I hit a towering drive and leave myself 200 to the green. Toed a 4 iron, but was on in reg and made a par to get the match back to even.
Hole 3: I nuke on long right and Joe gets denied a green in reg short right. We both make bogey. Match still even.
Hole 4: We both doubled. That is all.
Hole 5: I’m popping on this hole and I hit a scared, but safe drive and Joe puts one in the lake. I walk away with a 5 for 4. DJ one up on the match.
Hole 6: I put a choked down 9 iron 8 feet from the pin, but had too much English on it roles down the false front giving me a 45 footer. Joe is short right but over the bunker. We both make bogey. DJ still one up.
Hole 7: After 3 putting what should have been a comfy par, I swing 110% and I’m 150 out. Joe hits a low runner and is 160 out. He chunks his approach and I put it to the middle of the green. DJ 2 up with 2 to play.
Hole 8: Tees were pushed up and the center of the green was only 275 away. I take the conservative approach and bump an iron to 100 out on the right side. Joe goes for glory, but gets caught up under the trees left of the green. I put my approach shot 4 feet from the hole and make an easy birdie to close out the match.

13 Likes

Hats off to @djheadley, a deserved champion. I wish I put up more of a fight today, but it’s going to be tough when you miss the last eight greens. I’ll be putting in some serious strength and conditioning work this winter to withstand the rigors of the season and peak when the lights are brightest.

See you in March! (But actually tonight)

12 Likes

Sounds like you’re about to join east bank club

1 Like

Have you considered 8 to 14 Orgain shakes a day?

4 Likes

I have a feeling tonight is gonna get rowdy

4 Likes

Who wants to get there early? I’m bored

7 Likes

I can be there at 6… I’m bored and thirsty

5 Likes

have one for me boys. on the train headed north.

4 Likes

5 Likes

See you then

4 Likes

Shooting for right around 7. Don’t drink all the cold ones before I get there.

3 Likes

If you all want to make this a Thurs night trivia league in Lakeview-ish during winter, listening.

3 Likes

I could (and would) do any night but Thursday

Couldn’t commit to every week due to some upcoming travel but would definitely be interested when I’m around.

A small contingent of the WBC got together last night and we propose that next year we only pay for 22 rounds of golf. Starting on 4/13//23 ending on 9/7/23. This gives us 22 weeks of golf (18 weeks of regular season and 4 weeks of playoffs). Also no one will have to tee off after 6:30am the entire year. We saw a steep drop off in play after labor day this year and in order to combat that situation, shrinking the season by a few week should help.

In January I’ll plan a winter meeting at 5iron and start taking roll call for those interested in the '23 season. I know someone of you are leaving cook county/great Chicagoland area, so there will be some turnover in full time group. Similar to last year, full time members get first right of refusal, then I will go in order of subs who played the most rounds to fill the 12 spots. Buy in for the year will probably be around $550 for those interested.

Thank you all for the tremendous participation this year! I cannot be more proud to call myself the Commish/2022 Champ of Waveland Breakfast Club.

@JAD
@treeputttim
@teddypargame
@ballgame
@pinkpantser
@setwilli
@Cswartz
@BabblingBrooksKoepka
@tmstrods
@trajmahal

19 Likes

@deliroustim
@chiffi
@flapjacknickelsack
@theabefroman
@GoodGuySam
@rmbartell
@Wyclef
@kbergen28
@realchili
@wheel

2 Likes

Any one interested in teaming up for a screen golf league this winter?

To be clear, I have no idea of when, where, format, etc. I assume 5iron has leagues.

1 Like

Commish wins his own league…hmmmmmmm

8 Likes

Thank you for running. We’ll discuss your raise this winter.

3 Likes

Not quite the same

1 Like