Waveland Breakfast Ball Club: 2024 (Chicago, IL)

Just as a side game still gotta keep the quota scores going till the playoff starts

1 Like

Careful on #6

5 Likes

much like par, my flat stick and wedge game tends to be irrelevant

3 Likes

I feel seen.

1 Like

This was me on 6 today… the crowd gasped after my ball it the rocks thinking it may kick up onto the green, but the chrome soft x had other plans as it swan dive into the pond

@tmstrods and @treeputttim… I would look into booking a 9/1 tee time behind our crew as you are both in the playoffs as it stands now. This way we can kick off the match play with everyone. May have to wait until next thursday or friday to book online, but just keep that in mind.

2 Likes

First it was the Busch Lights, now the Triple Tracks…if you start wearing ND gear come football season I’m going to have some major, major questions!

7 Likes

You started the war after you broke your ankle like I did

2 Likes

Entered my score and stats just now, sorry for the delay…

Also, I won’t be able to make it on Thursday so there’s an open spot for Red Tee Week ™, let me know if you can take my spot.

2 Likes

I’d be down!

3 Likes

Any special requests for red tee week groupings?

Early for me please, if you would

1 Like

Just not directly in front of @Ballgame so he doesn’t try to decapitate me on the 8th green like last year

2 Likes

A quick update to the playoff standings. This is the simpleton one and not the @BabblingBrooksKoepka super computer one. With only two weeks left it looks like @TrajMahal and @FlapjackNickelsack may have a shot in the dark to grab the 8/7 seed away from @BabblingBrooksKoepka and @Ballgame. Looking at the board, it looks like the top 3 seeds are all but sealed up. We have a battle for 4th going on between @PinkPantser and @treeputttim… you may see these guis playing together this week to boost the viewership ratings. Also just to test it out for next year, I have created an 18birdies tournament for red tee week. If anyone would like to join that and play along I’ll be keeping my stats in there for this week. Could be a cool way to see how everyone is doing throughout the round. Just an idea. See the link if you would like to join. https://18birdies.onelink.me/IdkR/1t7bqe8j

3 Likes

Will update supercomputer before Thurs for implied red tee quotas

2 Likes

Welcome to red tee week! Posting this early as I procrastinate work and I know I will be swamped the rest of the week. Reminder we have two weeks left until the playoffs!

For a side game this week, we are going to play tilt. If you would like to play the format will be highest tilt score takes home the pot. $10 buy in via cash or venmo to me by the time you tee off and I’ll pay you out Thursday. See the link (NLU Betting Game: TILT | Podcasts | No Laying Up) for how to play if you have never played it or go watch the California Tourist Sauce.

Groupings:
5:53 am: @ChiFFI @PinkPantser @treeputttim @TeddyPargame
5:59 am: @Ballgame @BabblingBrooksKoepka @TrajMahal @FlapjackNickelsack
6:05 am: @TheAbeFroman @JAD myself and Bartell

If you are looking to calc your red tee quota for Thursday look at the leaderboard tab in the google sheets for the calculation Breakfast Ball 2022 - Google Sheets

6 Likes

One last thing, thinking ahead to next week 8/25. I want to go grab drinks to celebrate the regular season ending. If anyone has any strong opinions on where they would like to go I’ll adapt, but I’m thinking Birds Nest off of Southport around 7pm.

1 Like

I have a standing commitment Thursday evenings (read: kickball league) but would be down to do a pre-meet on Wednesday or any other day generally. Otherwise I could try to meet up with the boys after my game.

1 Like

Same (but softball).

How early could people have drinks this Friday afternoon?

Would a 3:30 or 4 start?