War of the World Woods (Brooksville, FL): Postponed

Yeah that’s not okay. Not okay at all.

Well I have decided to go to bandon. Hope y’all have a good time

2 Likes

Hey Gang - looking at some flight options now. I’m probably trying to fly in Friday AM…Any word on the Friday night meetup / anyone want to squeeze a round in somewhere Friday afternoon?

2 Likes

I’m definitely in for a round on Friday somewhere.

2 Likes

I’m sure I could be convinced to play golf Friday afternoon.

Edit: Assuming my wife isn’t in labor.

1 Like

So rough news y’all. This event has to be postponed. I haven’t been able to get the pro at World Woods to communicate with me about the rates and things of that nature. I didn’t want to get merch or anything else going until I had that finalized and now there’s not enough time. I’m going to try something in late spring/early summer and I’ll do my best to space it out from other refuge events so that the out-of-towners can possibly still make it. I hope I was able to reach all of you before travel plans were booked. I apologize for the inconvenience. I’m super bummed but hopefully the added time allows this event to be even better. Please stay tuned for future updates.

8 Likes

I appreciate you trying, brother. Don’t sweat it.

1 Like

Sorry to hear that. Do you want me to update the thread title to say postponed?

2 Likes

Sorry to hear it. May is still a good month weather-wise. If(when) the FL Roost gets the thumbs up let Damon and I know how we can assist with event planning.

2 Likes

A new chapter for World Woods: The acclaimed Florida 36-hole complex will soon become Cabot Citrus Farms | Courses | GolfDigest.com

4 Likes

This is certainly interesting. Since seeing the Crash Course episode I’ve always thought this was a cool place and it’s be fun to get out there and play. The affordability aspect will certainly be gone with Cabot coming in but I expect they’ll do a fantastic job with what is currently there.

It’s 30 mins from my sister and I’m down here for the winter. Think I’ll have to play it while it’s still affordable.

2 Likes

Could that be why the pro was being cagey about pricing?

1 Like

Very much so. This has been in the rumor mill for quite a while.

1 Like

I checked the website this morning out of curiosity…yikes. I’m playing Black Diamond Ranch in an FSGA event for less than that. I’d probably play SkyView twice for the same money too. The ship may have sailed on affordability :pleading_face:

2 Likes

Played it two weeks ago for $50 less than it is now. Woof.

Edit: Normal bump in price for this time of year. Goes up at start of every year.

2 Likes