War of the World Woods (Brooksville, FL): Postponed

Played Pine Barrens a few months ago and thought it was acceptable.

One thing I remember is some of the pins being in felony-level spots. Pretty sure the pin on 8 was a yard from the back. And yes I’m bitter about it because I made triple

4 Likes

Touché

Sadly some of the greens at WW looked worst than the parking lot at SGC. If there’s anything of quality at SGC, it’s the greens.

3 Likes

Yikes. Hopefully they can get some more growth going before dormant season.

2 Likes

Played Pine Barrens this morning, some of the greens had rough spots, they did as good a job as possible keeping the pins in adequate spots. For $50 it was still in much better shape compared to most of Orlando this time of year.

4 Likes

This. This x10000000.

2 Likes

Where you at @JDinDelray??

I’ll check my calendar.

I’m good. Let’s do this. Tentatively in with +1.

1 Like

@Shane3006 check this out…not too far from us

Big news y’all…

I was able to convince my wife to design a bangin’ logo for this event pro-bono. Easily the most persuasive I’ve been since convincing her to go on a date with me (still not sure how I managed that). Anyway, that logo is below. S/O @brettfreddy5 for drawing up a sweet poster that helped me put what I had in my head into words for my wife to design. The golf ball planet is all you, man. If you’re able to make the trip to Florida for the event I’ll cover a round of golf for you.
I’m working on some merch as we speak. Hats are a definite, but I’m also thinking about getting polos made and possibly headcovers. Would anyone be interested in those?
Nothing finalized on the hotel yet but there are only a few options so it looks like $189 per room per night will be our cheapest option. If we double up, that won’t be too bad. I’ll update the sign up sheet to include a column if those who want a room will want a single or double.

19 Likes

Really liking the logo here! Tell the wife she crushed it

3 Likes

Love it. That’ll look awesome on some merch. I might need to look at flights down to Florida.

If you’ve got any need for a bag tag type thing just let me know and I can edit/resize this however you like.

7 Likes

I may actually already be in the Naples area Feb 1-4 and could potentially stay the weekend. Is it okay if I sign up tentatively?

1 Like

Absolutely!!

1 Like

Done. Thanks, y’all - will update the sheet as plans solidify.

1 Like

Just talked to my staff at work and they called me an asshole for trying to leave town right before go-live of a major software deployment, so I’m out. I hope you guys have a blast and wish you the warmest weather possible. See y’all next time!

1 Like

Psh. Keep your name on the list. Chances are that deadline is gonna get pushed back anyhow.

2 Likes

I’ll hop back in if go-live gets pushed back, thanks :slight_smile:

Kind of a dick move to wish the warmest weather possible for an event in Florida.

And I agree with @Schikolas, that project is getting pushed back. Unless your company runs better than mine, which is extremely likely.

2 Likes

Go-live was already pushed back from November to February, so if it’s pushed back again I may be looking for work lol. Also, it can get goddamned chilly in central Florida in February so I meant it in the best possible way!

1 Like

Hell, even now its pretty chilly

1 Like