War of the World Woods (Brooksville, FL): Postponed

Fellow Refugees,

I come to you in desperate times in need of all your golfing skill, grit, and fortitude. The wilderness of Florida, 70 miles north of Tampa, has come under attack from beings that reside in a different dimension. They have challenged our finest golfers to assemble for a match that will determine galactic supremacy, with the fate of our world at stake. Everyone else is busy, so the only place left to look was The Refuge. The War of the World Woods goes down the weekend of February 5 and 6, 2022. The alien that spoke to me (he requested to be called Bryson) was magnanimous enough to allow me to schedule this battle on the weekend between the NFL conference championship games and The Super Bowl.

The game will be a 36-hole Tilt quota game. Bryson watched Tourist Sauce Scotland and was so enthralled with the game, he wanted to see how we did when the survival of our planet hung in the balance. The first 18 holes will tee off at 10 AM on the Rolling Oaks course. There will be an optional putting contest Saturday afternoon, or you can go back out to play the short course. Then there will be dinner at a local restaurant for all those that are interested. The final 18 will be on Sunday on Pine Barrens with the first tee time being 7:30 AM. For those that are not familiar with the game, click here for a tutorial. There will be an awards lunch starting at 1 PM on Sunday. We are looking for one brave Refugee to be Brooksy to this threat from Bryson.

I am in the process of talking to the hotels around World Woods to see if I can get a discounted rate for everyone that will need a hotel room. As of right now, I have it capped at 48 players but that can increase based on interest. The total cost is yet to be determined as I’m waiting to hear back from the pro at World Woods about rate changes in 2022. If enough people are showing up on Friday, I’ll try to set up a meet up. I will update the thread when I have more info.

We’ll be working with The First Tee of St. Petersburg to help minority children get over the many hurdles that keep them from picking up golf. A $20 donation will be attached to the cost of the event, plus event merch for sale and skill prizes that will benefit The First Tee. Please fill out the attached Google Sheet if you’re interested in playing, and be sure to note your preference for hotel and dinner on Saturday night.

War of the World Woods Sign Up Sheet

15 Likes

12 Likes

all day in for this!

3 Likes

My parents picked a spectacular time to retire and move to the Tampa area…might just have to be a good son and go down and visit them that particular week!

7 Likes

So in for this, thanks for organizing @kblewis14! I can already think of some items I can donate for the fundraiser.

2 Likes

Hopefully it’s some of those world famous lawyerin’ skills…

2 Likes

I am going to be the most tentative of a yes. Baby girl is due 2/14, so it is really a who could say situation for me.

4 Likes

Unfortunately no, I have a special practice that handles one client :wink:

4 Likes

If I cant get to bandon in January then I’ll be highly interested

2 Likes

Very interested.

4 Likes

Hell yes!

@bogeytax @dshaddy @PGA_ALLTHEWAY @2ndGuyStripeShow @Edge62

8 Likes

@Hwhite
@Sammetro
@Crown
@NoLayovers
@DrJBone
@bradhines
@DavisD
@O.BKeeler
@mthoma12
@2down

7 Likes

My mom is moving to FL next month. And this is over my birthday. @kblewis14 would love to make this happen!

5 Likes

@mrzornow I believe this is in your neck of the woods.

5 Likes

Hooo boy. Looks like I got some golf to play!

5 Likes

@Big_RanDeer Hell fucking yes

6 Likes

LETS FUCKIN GO

5 Likes

@eightyone
@sfairholm28
@mbianchi
@ntpaaymans
@Soly
@Tron
@MerchCzar