War at The Shores - Chicago IL - 2020

This all looks so good! Can’t wait!

1 Like

Any way to pay a larger donation with everything? Like are we paying at the course or how can we go about that?

1 Like

My son is a D-man, my last words at drop off an hour before game time are usually “be a little bit mean out there”

Most yelled at the rink during games by parents (directed at their player):

• “Shoot!”
  • “Skate!!! (in a frustrated voice)”

Directed at the refs:
“Penalty!!! (in a pissed off voice)”

1 Like

Absolutely! Working out the best way to do this…but 100% any donation amount is welcome
Not sure if we’ll be able to pay on their site -OR- through a group Venmo and one total check for them.

Also told Tony to give us EXACTLY what he needs so we can put a reason to the donation.

2 Likes

If you also hear “HE’S OFFSIDES” or “SET IT UP” I believe that’s hockey parent/fan Bingo?

1 Like

Slickwilly’s troops are getting ready for battle

2 Likes

Representing while running the penalty box

2 Likes

Chicago’s version of Craig’s Porch

4 Likes

I used to ref hockey in high school. I grew up in a very intense hockey town south of Detroit (literally hockeytown), so things could get off the rails quickly. I remember being chased into the ref lockers by a dad wielding his son’s skate because he was pissed about a call. The kids were 8 years old.

2 Likes

I should also tell everyone that Temperance brewery is willing sell us a keg or some cases. I don’t have a price yet, still working on that. Hopefully the price shouldn’t increase too much as a result.

3 Likes

This sounds great— but I’d also think we could say buy your own tacos. Lower the per person cost and then let people go grande on food if they so choose.

Tricky part about the “buy as you go” route is that there’s a $700 minimum in cook country for food and bev trucks. If we come up short, then SOMEONE (me) ends up covering the difference.

Assuming it’s across 35 people, we’re looking at an extra $20 that serves everyone tacos, churros, and beer for 2 hours.

The reason we thought food truck was to be COVID conscious…have them make and distribute food without a bunch of us serving ourselves

2 Likes

Sounds good! I have no problem with it.

Why is there a county mandated minimum on food and beverage for a food truck? Shouldn’t they just be able to drive where they think the business is?

1 Like

The Cook County v Food Truck war has been long and remains unsettled.

2 Likes

from Imgflip Meme Generator
3 Likes

I’m getting more ideasssssss…

EDIT: Mock number 1 (BIG shoutout to Microsoft Paint)

12 Likes

This certainly sounds a lot better than a family wedding playing chicken with covid in wi. But as of right now I gotta go stand in back of a church and make an excuse for the reception. If that changes, count me in.

2 Likes

Absolutely gorgeous.

All signed up. 1st time doing any refuge events. Have a buddy joining who doesn’t visit the boards but is a big a NLU media consumer.

Looking forward to a brisk walk in the park.

1 Like

I had to drop. Will be very sorry to miss this for sure, but keeping peace within the family is going to have to take priority. Turns out we are celebrating a few birthdays that weekend and “get to” travel to the family cottage.

3 Likes