War at The Shores - Chicago IL - 2020

The ULTIMATE “protect the field” move (and absolutely the right call)

If you wanna come play the “scouting round” with me, let’s make it happen!

1 Like

Depending on the timing, I could probably be in for that. Once I found out that I wasn’t going to be making this I needed to be sure to back out with plenty of warning. Don’t need to be waiting to do that if I know I can’t make it happen.

1 Like

I threw together a foursome and signed us up on the excel. Can’t wait, this is going to be sick.

1 Like

Finalizing details tomorrow at Canal Shores, followed by a quick loop around the golf course at 230/3pm ish

If anyone is around or wants to join, come on out!

1 Like

Can you get Metra to add an extra Olgivie>Evanston run?

1 Like

I’m in. Who/where do I pay?

Big shoutout to @TCRBrad for the professional effort he put in to get this going. I’m super excited about it.

4 Likes

Given it’s currently pissing down rain here in the Milwaukee area, I want nothing more than to join, but alas, work has gotten in the way. Still mad to be missing this event, but as they say, that’s the rub of the green.

Enjoy everybody, this is going to be one hell of a good time!

3 Likes

No kidding…although there is the Purple Line station that’s right next door to Canal Shores (Central) :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just so many stops to get there.

1 Like

From the Canal Shores management:

“We’re looking to raise some $$ to refurbish the pro shop this winter… painting, carpet, computers.”

Folks, we have an initiative. And possibly a chance to make the inside of the pro shop pretty freaking dope?

Me thinks I have to donate some photographs…

3 Likes

Sounds like theres a need to start birdie/eagle pledges, folks

1 Like

A DELIGHTFUL practice round with @AlCzervik this afternoon.

The Shores are ready. Course preview and reverse routing guide coming soon :sunglasses:

16 Likes

Good Morning Lads!

I have a final total for the day of golf and tacos. In total, we’re looking at exactly $50 per player. This total DOES NOT include a donation to the pro shop project (they need new computers, paint, and carpeting for a pro shop renovation in 2021)…that will be accepted on the day of the event by cash or check.

Your $50 gets you golf ALL DAY at The Shores and Tacos + Churros (or another helping of Tacos if you’d like). For COVID reasons/making costs easy, we’re going to make this a BYOB event. The pro shop will also have Gatorade, Water, and other snacks available for purchase. I’ll be bringing a few cases of Coors Latte’s in honor of icarito to pass around as well depending on how well/poorly I play.

If you would rather lump your donation + golf and food fee, then you can Venmo me that all together (though the “big check” probably not gonna happen.

PLEASE send me your $$ by Venmo (@TCRBrad last 4 digits are 5477 if it asks) and make sure to include your refuge name in the comment so I know who is squared up.

If anyone has questions or needs any more info…my DM’s are ALWAYS open :slight_smile:

In short: Golf and Tacos = $50. Donate extra to the pro shop renovations. Venmo me @TCRBrad (last 4 digits 5477) and use your Refuge handle in the comment section so I can add you to the party list.

11 Likes

Yeah, so I’m like 95% sure I am coming now.

1 Like

Soooooo save a Coors Latte or 3 for ya? Done and done.

Miller Lattes only for this gui

2 Likes

And I updated the OG post, but here’s the:

OFFICIAL SCHEDULE:

8am-830am Morning Wave of Tee Times (~3hrs for one round)
11am-1230pm Lunch & possibly bonfire???
1230pm-1pm Afternoon Wave of Tee Times REVERSE ROUTING

430pm - Unwind. Chill. Drink next to a bonfire.

Rules & Yardage books to follow later this week, and look for a possible teaser from @FlapjackNickelsack on the souvenir y’all are getting :smirk:

11 Likes

all depends how much real work i can ignore to do fake work on this super secret surprise…

3 Likes

The weather forecast is looking solid, cold but sunny.

I am pumped to embarrass myself with my golf game!

EDIT: I thought the War at the Shores was this Saturday :slight_smile:

10 day forecast says low 50’s which I WILL TAKE lol

Just hoping there’s no rain, otherwise it might just be one half of an afternoon (lunch and backwards golf)

1 Like