Virginia ExStrantzAganza - RACDG DMV event

I’m more of a manager/closer type now, but my local guy up there lives in martinsburg after working for arlington FD for 25 years (first truck into pentagon too if you care about that kind of thing). He swears if its 10 minutes away, it may as well be 100 miles.

1 Like

I’ve signed up. Vienna guy here. Always looking for new people to play with.

1 Like

Yeah real estate in DC isn’t cheap, and the majority of club memberships follow suit sadly. I am not driving in and out of the city very often so at least I avoid the traffic headache…it does limit 90% of my golf to the DC munis since I would be relying on others for a ride to MD/VA courses.

1 Like

Arlington here, usually I drive 30-45 minutes out 66 or down 95 and there are lots of places to play. Just need to be at the course by 2:00 and then your ahead of the traffic.

1 Like

Yo JMAGS thanks for all your work in this.

Also I’m not sure what happened in the Roll Call, but it looks like I’m a Texan now? Yeehaw!

But seriously I think either the format got messed up cause it looks like a bunch of VA people have been relocated to the bottom of the list

OG 1 lengths from the 90s…prayers sent for me to win this one guise

1 Like

In an effort to keep the same 36 hole/1 day format, I am thinking of rescheduling this event for April of 2021. Potentially the weekend after the Masters (17th or 18th of April), subject to everyone’s availability. I know it is pretty far in advance to get commitments, but wanted to throw it out there to see if there are any strong objections, and we can start to nail down the details at the end of the year.

Until then, everyone stay safe and enjoy what should be peak golf season in the DMV!

4 Likes

Hey Guis,

The GB&I chapter is in the early stages of planning a Pinehurst area trip for September of 2021. They are looking to put together a Ryder Cup style comp over 3 days (possible 9/21 - 9/23) between different RACDG chapters. They are in talks already to host the event at 3 different courses, which include Mid Pines, Pine Needles and Tabacco Road. They reached out to me to gauge interest if anyone from the DMV chapter would be interested in participating. Once they get a sense of how much serious interest there is in participating (won’t need firm commitments for a while), they will finalize plans and provide details. That being said…send me a message if this is something you would be potentially interested in participating, and I will rely our chapters interest to His Grace.

I hope to see some of you this weekend for the DMV Fall Classic.

8 Likes

Thought I would throw this out onto this thread. Tuesday May 18th is my birthday and I have scheduled at 9:00 am tee time at Stonehouse and a 3:10 tee time at RNK.
There are three spots open for both courses. If you want to join me for either course or both just reach out here on the sign up sheet.

2 Likes

dang man, I have to head to charlotte for a trade show on tuesday afternoon otherwise this woulda been the ultimate day…

good courses and good company, since I won’t see ya happy birthday!