Vibestock (Southern Pines, NC): 2021, October 2 - Longleaf Golf and Family Club

Mid-round wardrobe changes, very vibey.

2 Likes

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

As we prepare to descend on the Sandhills for the inaugural playing of Vibestock, we are reminded of the 2020 Ryder Cup. Not for the United States victory, but for the historic awarding of the Nicklaus-Jacklin award. As this moment cements itself in golf history, Vibestock provides us with great opportunity to follow in the footsteps of Jack (and Barbra) by offering another historic concession.

It is with this in mind that Luke Boatright and John Pond have mutually agreed to concede the 40 yard dash. As two world class athletes, we were both confident in our ability to rise to the occasion and achieve our peak performances. However, like Jack in 1969 this concession commemorates sportsmanship and strategic decision-making that will attract people to the game prevent one of us from getting seriously fucking hurt.

In closing, we will leave you with this quote: “Nobody ever remembers who won a match, who lost a match. It’s all about the camaraderie.”

Respectfully, of course.

Luke and John

PS. Tobacco Road Sucks - @LukeBoatright

So does Mid Pines - @JohnP

23 Likes

FUCKING BOOOOOOO!!!

17 Likes

11 Likes

1 Like

I feel like there is more than enough time for yall to use 2 left handed wedges or 9 irons from 150 in for a speed golf game to REINVIGORATE THE VIBES from a long day of golf. I personally will provide clubs for this.

I’ll will do one loop of speed golf with Mr @JohnP should he desire.

How many holes is it? And do they have AEDs?

4 Likes

Mr. @LukeBoatright i respectfully accept

4 Likes

I just want 1 hole of yall playing left handed. If yall want to play right handed for 18 I will travel to tape it for the refuge. “Edit” id have to ask the wife…

More than happy to supply the left handed wedges.

This is extremely disappointing and expected, knew y’all were both quitters.

7 Likes

What if I dig the LL toboggan sleds my wife bought hoping for snow in NC out of the shop and y’all race them down the algae covered cart path between 9 tee and 3 green?

8 Likes

I did mean to mention id offer wedges. So now they have options.

1 Like

is this still available? i’m very interested.

I understand the disappointment others are feeling but for me, relief comes to mind. We didn’t need to ruin the vibiest weekend in history by having someone making a hospital run.

Loop the bottlebrush to settle the score.

@Harambes1Iron beat you to the punch here. If he declines, you’re in the alt spot.

1 Like

I woke up today and I’m in a much different spot than I should be. I should be behind the wheel, Sandhills Bound and Down. Life tries to steal the vibes. I’ll handle my responsibilities here, and by the time I do get there, I’ll be ready–and the vibes will be ready for me.

Wherever and whenever you are headed from, take your time and be safe. We all need to get there in one piece. Best wishes everyone.

18 Likes

so how much time will we have to plan team names and scripting?

1 Like

Team names have been assigned and will be posted after the raffle this evening

6 Likes

I have 2 confirmed tee times at Hyland Golf Club in Southern Pines starting at 12:42. Right now there are 5 guys signed up. 3 more spots for anyone that will be in town and wants a good but budget friendly warm up for Vibestock.