Vibestock (Southern Pines, NC): 2021, October 2 - Longleaf Golf and Family Club

Looking to get a group together for early Friday afternoon at Hyland. DM me if you are interested. I have 5 so far.

@Double_Bogey_Dave also has a group of 4 going a little later at Hyland so it will be a great pre-vibe hang.

If any Vibestockers are pulling into town early, I’ve got room for one more at Pinehurst #4 Thursday morning at 8:30 AM. DM me.

1 Like

Y’all want to see some gambler hats?

8 Likes

Ok two likes was all the confirmation I needed

27 Likes

I’m already mad because this sexy beast isn’t going to fit my head.

1 Like

Likely in the same boat with my plus sized noggin, but went ahead and ordered one hoping I can stretch it out over a large pot of some kind.

1 Like

Richardson site says 7-7 3/4. There’s some flex in there for sure

2 Likes

While I’m only an amateur and always defer to the pros, here’s what’s happening. Right now there’s a High pressure system dominating the Carolinas, bringing Native American Summer weather. That system is getting booted by a cold front on Wednesday. So, right now, we’re above average temps. However, Thursday thru Sunday we’re back to regular false Fall temps with highs in the mid 70s, lows in the 50s and dew points in the upper 50s which means very pleasant humidity. There’s only a 20% chance of rain on Wednesday which leads me to believe courses should be playing firm and fast as long as they’ve dried out from the rain late last week. There is a Cat 4 Hurricun out in the Atlantic, but 0 projections have it doing anything other than affecting the riptides at Carolina beaches for now.

@JamesHCard , this time of year, the sun sits relatively low on the horizon (longer shadows) which lessens the UV index a good bit. However, yo azz is English white so sleeves are still a good idea. For reference, my chrome dome gets roasted in the summer, but this time of year at work I can go a couple hours of sunlight and not get burnt.

12 Likes

17 Likes

I’ll have my sun sleeves freshly cleaned & ironed then, many thanks.

5 Likes

would love some takes from the weather gawd himself @OliveLoaf

3 Likes

Oh shit Mr. Loaf is typing

4 Likes

Right now I’m not sure the forecast could be vibing more.
Its been dry out there, and there isn’t anything in the forecast to change that before early next week.

Friday golfers can expect low 60s for their morning tee times. Mid/upper 70s in the afternoon. Sun. Gentle NE’ly winds. it should cool off nicely after the sun goes down. For the festival goers making a night of it, it will be ~60F by midnight, and in the low/mid 50s just before dawn Saturday. Ideal conditions for a thoughtful psychedelic experience.

Saturday, mid 50s in the morning. but sunny, so expect ~65F as early as 10am. Mid/upper 70s in the afternoon. Sun. Gentle NE’ly winds. Can’t makes this shit up its so good. Winds to become more S’ly overnight which will allow for temps to stay 2-3degress higher than they did the previous night.

Sunday, upper 50s at dawn, warming nicely as the day progresses. Light SW’ly winds.

There is a running 0-10% chance of precip thru the weekend, but I wouldn’t worry about that. If it does rain it will be short and light.

The weather is Pontiac perfection for Golf, Music, Nudity, Dancing, Camping, fire pits, grilling, vibing, you name it. Peace Love and Golf, friends.

28 Likes

not the forecast i expected but im here for it

17 Likes

Truly a @Fluff special.

8 Likes

Booked a slew of tee times today because well why not play 36 a day. Would love some company so anybody feel free to jump on these times.

Southern Pines 9-29 4:00 (golfnow hot deal for 60)
Mid Pines 9-30 4:05
Pine Needles 10-1 4:00

2 Likes

Will need the hustle when you’re there but make sure you bring your camera

2 Likes

I am so fucking pumped for this weekend.

16 Likes

I am in that 10:30 tee time at TR!
First time playing there.

5 Likes

Speaking of, gonna need a vibey favor from a local. Taking my film camera and will need someone to mail back my used film to me.