Tumbleweed Two Ball 2.0 (Phoenix, AZ) 03/02/24 - Aguila Golf Course

Tumbleweed Two Ball 2.0 hosted by the @DryHeat Roost

Saturday March 2nd, 2024
Location: Aguila Golf Course - both 18 hole and 9 hole courses
Cost: $117 for golf (due at course day of) - $20 donation to Youth on Course to confirm your spot (can DM me a receipt of donation)

24 players - 12 teams of 2

The teams will be picked by a semi-blind draw based on handicaps. @waffles & @Landonhitch can stay teamed up to defend their title. If inviting a guest to play, you can team up as well.

Modifying the format this year. Starting the day off on the 18 hole course to avoid afternoon pace of play issues.

• Morning round at the Championship 18 hole course - First Tee Time is 8:56am

• Team Net Stroke (count both scores)
  • Two rounds at the short 9 hole course after the quick lunch break

• 8somes starting at 2:30pm
    • First round - team alt shot (gross) - Player 1 tees off on #1
    • Second round - team alt shot (gross) - Player 2 tees off on #1

11 Likes

1 Like

Top notch graphic designer!

8 Likes

Aguila is awesome. Good holes for the nerds amongst us, great conditions for all, very fair. Awesome group and format. Can’t wait.

2 Likes

Great merch potential.

11 Likes

Google Doc sign up sheet has been added to the original post. Shout out @jknudtson for already confirming his spot with the donation receipt DM!

3 Likes

Just chomping at the bit for another opportunity after last years performance

3 Likes

@Kornwhalice :eyes:

2 Likes

Top notch event right here and I love the format shift. 8 somes all afternoon is gonna be sickkkk

2 Likes

Running it back @Waffles ! Looking forward to another incredible event. Thanks @KMola14

4 Likes

Youth on Course donation link has been added to the original post.

Coming in to represent LowCal!

6 Likes

Used to love Aguila when I lived in Az. We played a fair amount of tournaments there in highschool. Looks like it’s still one of the better maintained munis by far

1 Like

@Kusch85 check it out!

1 Like

Sweet thanks man! @samba24

Is this y’all’s major? There was some interest from us Northern folk about a road trip to try to play in warmer climes…

4 Likes

It sure is our major!

1 Like

There is definitely some interest from some of us Mayhemers to come down and play in this. We are always looking for somewhere warmer to get to. I will float it around in the next couple of months and let it percolate.

Cheers!
-Ted

3 Likes

Looking forward to my first outing with you Nesticles at a major no less.

4 Likes

Spots have been filling up fast! If you have not already confirmed your spot with the Youth on Course donation, the deadline to guarantee your spot will be the end of the year (12/31). I will be sure to follow up with everyone on the list sometime in December for a quick reminder.

Starting in 2024, any remaining spots for the field of 24 will be confirmed on a first come, first served basis.

1 Like