The Steeplechase at Jeffersonville July 31st in Philly-area

I got it today! Looking forward to this and finally meeting some of you in person

Received the e-mail this past Friday. WE LIKE THAT!

Excited to tee it up with the rest of you attending!

4 Likes

Curious question: is there any merch or sick logos currently being planned for this?

5 Likes

I like this question very much @MikeRevak

Currently no merch being planned but we’re still a couple of months away…we can definitely look into it if there is enough interest. Initially we didn’t have enough spots with which this would even be relevant, so it was only after all the interest that we ended up expanding the tee times and building this out a bit.

For logos: We’ve got a main logo and an alt logo. Might not be considered sick or super kewl, but…it’s something! Attached here.

Course is looking great. We’ll be publishing a registration list at some point later this week or this weekend so everyone can get an idea of who is playing, and we can (hopefully) generate a couple more registrations.

11 Likes

I don’t want to speak for everyone else, but I’d be shocked if there wasn’t interest in sweet merch. I for certain would be all over some logo gear.

I don’t have the skills, but maybe someone with graphic design chops and work with what we have—I like the logos—and spiff them up.

3 Likes

Tough scene for me here…I do work in graphic design :joy:

But if anyone has suggestions, feel free to send them along!

2 Likes

@tenthousanddays In the meantime I’ll check in with our boy @Double_Bogey_Dave to check out our options and brainstorm a few other options as well.

1 Like

I absolutely love both of those logo designs and, this being my first NLU-affiliated meet-up, I would be thrilled to get in and buy all sorts of merch to commemorate this.

On a side note, I think @RobertHunter was our point person for getting the ball rolling on custom needlepoint S&B hats over in YOTB 3. Not necessarily asking him to get involved here, but I think the pricing wound up coming to about $16-$20 per hat. I think that’s incredibly feasible for the Steeplechase as well should we have enough interest.

2 Likes

Sorry, I’m re-reading my post, and I don’t think I conveyed my sentiments the way I wanted to at all. I like the logos, especially the gate (I think that’s what it’s called), but I can’t really picture them tiled on a towel or with some script on a shirt, for example. That’s what I meant my spiff up, aka mock up.

I genuinely didn’t mean to offend, and I appreciate the fact that you put these together.

1 Like

Awesome. OK…we’re on it. Thanks for the tip on that. We’ve got some time, so I’m sure we’ll figure something out.

We’re all good! It’s awesome to have so much interest in this event. Wheels are turning and we’ll see what we can do here.

Really looking forward to meeting everyone in a couple of months.

1 Like

Screen Shot 2021-05-11 at 10.13.44 PM Screen Shot 2021-05-11 at 10.13.54 PM

Excuse my terrible attempt at customization. But would love the horse logo on a hat/shirt/etc.

8 Likes

I’m all about that horse logo

5 Likes

I’ll take one on a hat, t-shirt, and towel.

3 Likes

Agreed love the simplicity of the logo

1 Like

@mgladdy Long time listener, first time refuge poster… saw the email that went out today and would love to play in an event. It looks
Like this is full, but if there’s a chance for any more spots or a wait list, can you let me know? Thanks!

2 Likes

Send me a DM and we’ll see what we can do!

2 Likes

Have to say that email from @mgladdy got me fucking jazzzed. Don’t want to wish the summer away but can’t wait for July 31st!

7 Likes