The Standoff at Sand Creek -- Supercell vs. GPGC

Rycer Cup competition in Central Kansas, featuring 12 players from @TheSupercell and @GreatPlainsGC shooting it out on the noted public gem that is Sand Creek Station in Newton, Kansas, 20 short minutes north of Wichita.

$85 gets you a cart for 36 holes, a bucket of range balls, a $5 donation to Watson Links, and the chance to win an alsome, bespoke Trophy to be issued on an annual basis! This is the beginning of a new tradition, one that pits the residents of many states in our Tornado Alley footprint! Take pride in your place and come battle it out!

Exact formatting to be worked out, but we would like to re-pair after each 9 in two-man teams. Post your preferences below in the thread!

First 12 players from each Roost to pay for their fees gets a spot. Cancellations must be made more than 7 days in advance OR ELSE!

Pay for your event HERE. Please use ‘friends and family’ using PayPal, and add the line Standoff or Sand Creek to identify the event when paying.

8 Likes

In! Western Kansas will not be forgotten in this groundbreaking victory! Looking forward to celebrating with you fellas.

2 Likes

Signed up and paid. If we find some Kansas sharks to put on the team I can be a cheerleader too. I’m local to Sand Creek and kinda shitty at golf so I’m game and flexible to beat Oklahoma any way we can.

1 Like

I am new to Wichita,KS. I would like to be added to the Great Plains GC thread. Working on getting my GHIN switched to KS. I’ll be signing up once added to Great Plains.

4 Likes

Welcome brother! Check out our general thread here and introduce yourself. @scagnetti will get you hooked up.

1 Like

I can’t access that thread. I will wait for @scagnetti

1 Like

Should be good now chief!

2 Likes

Is that a new corner of the refuge I haven’t found Yet?

@scagnetti Sorry, I am a bit confused. Can you tell me if I am registered or not? I signed up in a Supercell sheet but unsure which is the correct thread/sheet to use.

Hey Brent, I think @jsmoove has it set up where we Venmo him the entry and then he gets you added to the Unknown Golf sign up.

2 Likes

Initially, there was a spreadsheet right? I signed up for that pretty quickly.

I went to Unknown Golf today and it says I’m waitlisted. Any clarity on this would be appreciated.

2 Likes

Yes, spreadsheets are abundant here. Sorry if it’s a bit confusing. You’re waitlisted until payment is received.
My Venmo is @joshjohnston17

We’re primarily doing this since the field is rather limited. If there’s a ton of demand, we may be able to add 4 more spots per team but I think @scagnetti would need to verify whether that’s still a possibility or not.

1 Like

Thanks for the quick responses all. Just sent the Venmo over.

2 Likes

Received. You should have gotten a notification that you’ve been removed from the waitlist and added to the event.

1 Like

Sorry all, Great Plains initiated this with the course but @jsmoove is handling the UKG event details. First year jitters and all. You Okies pay him and he’ll pay us, then we pay the course.

Field will be limited to 12 a side, as Sand Creek will be busy busy with a shortened day as they will host state am qualifier the following Monday.

Sorry for the confusion!

4 Likes

Appreciate your service to us all and for organizing this!

2 Likes

I need four more mo/kan/nebber/Iowegians to come join us in Wichita the day before Mother’s Day!!!

3 Likes

we are a month out from the comp, where are we at with signups? i believe I have 8 GPGC players… hows @TheSupercell lineup lookin?

2 Likes

@jsmoove

I believe we have 7 confirmed. Do we want to cap it at 8? I can make a push for 12 but don’t want to fall short in case we have any last minute cancellations.

1 Like