The Skirmish at Sandy Burr III - 8/13

The Boston Tee Party is happy to announce we have confirmed dates for our annual major The Skirmish at Sandy Burr III. We have a block of tee times at Sandy Burr CC in Wayland MA starting at 10 AM on Saturday, August 12th Sunday, August 13th. Sign-ups will go live in June. We will have 48 spots and cost should be roughly the same as last year. Looking forward to seeing a lot of you again and hopefully a lot of new faces.

16 Likes

My last round at Sandy Burr was rough to say the least. Looking forward to some redemption this summer

1 Like

UPDATE
Heard from the course today and it turns out they double-booked the 12th. We have been bumped to the 13th. Everything else remains the same.

1 Like

Whats the format? I havenā€™t played in one before

Weā€™ll play the quota game. Works like this: start at -36 and add your course handicap (calculated from the 1-up tees). For example, if you are a 12 handicap, youā€™ll need to get 24 points. We then use NLU stableford scoring: 8 points for eagle, 4 for birdie, 2 for par, 1 for bogey and 0 for double or worse.

2 Likes

Are there still spots available? I canā€™t locate the sign up page.

Sign-up hasnā€™t happened yet. Goes live in June.

2 Likes

Alright, now that the Claymore has wrapped up the 2022-2023 season, it is time to start looking towards the 2023-2024 season and our NIT qualifier. Sign-ups for the NIT are below.

Just to remind you all of some details:
Time/Date: Sunday, August 13th, tee times starting at 10 AM.
Cost: $140. This will include golf, cart, lunch and swag.
Benefits: The Confetti Foundation. This tremendous charity will be our beneficiary for the third year. Once again we will be collecting homemade birthday cards for those of you who can make them.

Canā€™t wait to see some new and old faces at Sandy Burr!

7 Likes

How is this paid ? Venmo?and if so when is it collected

Will be Venmo, due a couple weeks before the event.

1 Like

Iā€™m in!

1 Like

Hey all,

Just in case anyone hasnā€™t seen the email yet, the club is moving us back due to a member event. This means our first tee time is now 11:20 instead of 10. Totally understand if this time no longer works for you, but if this is the case please let me know as soon as possible.

But, in the interest of looking at the glass half-full, perhaps this new time works for some of you who had previously not been able to sign up. Weā€™ve already had 4 people tell me they can not make the new time, so there is space available. DM me to claim one of those spots.

Hopefully I will still see most of you on Sunday.

1 Like

The week of an event is the perfect time to make a major swing change, right? (under the supervision of a PGA professional, of course)

Iā€™m looking forward to tomorrow!!!

4 Likes

Swag bags assembled. Weather looking good. Letā€™s go launch ā€˜em!!

2 Likes

Had a great time, thanks for organizing Tom!

6 Likes

From the ā€œbetter late than neverā€ file:

Swag bags showed up today.

Good news is we can use them next year?

2 Likes