The Royal & Ancient Company of Dishonourable Golfers - Golf Society. The Brits make a Podcast!

Inspiring stuff here, as usual.

Cheers, @JSW56!

A2B66BA5-EA78-4566-9B9C-3914186A0E69

Also, seeing this chapter and how active it is makes me want to move…

4 Likes

You’re gonna want to hang yourself the week of the 19th August when our next Major society competition is The Calluna Cup … 40 of us playing 36 holes at Sunningdale Old & New!

Most of us are doing a ‘Golf Week’ that week. The Addington on Tuesday. Sunningdale. Then Camberley Heath on the Thursday. And West Hill on the Friday. We’ll probably come up with somewhere for Saturday too. :heart_eyes:

10 Likes

:dizzy_face::gun:

1 Like

Sunningdale needs no introduction. But for those who haven’t heard of West Hill, here’s a taster:

The last photo is the 18th tee. Very few better 18th holes I know of. Not only is it a banging hole, but the back of the green is OB, because it’s the terrace for the bar!

24 Likes

I can confirm that playing West Hill does stir something in one’s loins.

4 Likes

1 Like

Hey DMV chapter - anyone half was decent at graphic design? I, sadly, have the artistic skills of a 4 year old and have not been able to make a passable version of a chapter specific logo. I have a few ideas in mind, but could really use some assistance in actually getting those ideas into a usable logo. DM me if you are interested in helping me out! thanks in advance.

3 Likes

@The_Cad_Says Wow this society looks absolutely fantastic! I’m a Hertfordshire based golfer myself, long time listener of the pod but first time on this board. Would love to sign up for future events if possible?

2 Likes

Well, put my name on the list for the Texas chapter. Hoping I did it the right way.

3 Likes

I’m sure it’s fine.

Some exciting stuff coming soon with Texas as one of the UK members who has been involved in setting up the GB&I chapter is moving to Austin. He’ll be getting involved and setting you guis up some fun times…

5 Likes

This is the best news I’ve heard all day. Mind you it’s only 7:30am but still. Thanks for the info!

1 Like

i have someone who has been helping out the SoCal chapter that could help if needed

2 Likes

The serial killer! LFG!

4 Likes

It was indeed. Kept his shit together and didn’t implode on the back 9!

this looked amazing… good work - look forward to getting to the next one !

1 Like

The Northern California chapter is planning our first competition, the Fleming Cup, next month at the lovely Baylands Golf Links next to Stanford U. We will have 24 guis in a 12 v 12 Ryder cup style comp. A nice little touch is that Preacher Ben from Strapped, Louisiana is making up 24 ball markers with “RACDG” on the front and “Certus et Celer” on the back for the competitors.

Fleming Cup is named of course after Jack Fleming, a prolific course designer in Northern California in the 20’s.

Edit: of course I spelled “Certus” incorrectly when I emailed Ben our design mockup so it will actually say “Certis et Celer”. Oh well. Makes for a good story.

14 Likes

TBH, I can’t think of anything more appropriate.

5 Likes

He goes “what does this mean?? I can’t find it translated to anything that makes sense”.

Don’t worry about that, Ben

3 Likes

looks lovely ! very jealous… :smile: :smile: