The Royal & Ancient Company of Dishonourable Golfers - Golf Society. The Brits make a Podcast!

I thought this myself. I’ve been trying to figure out a way to increase the opacity. Running out of talent…

Did you watch any of it today? There were no people AT ALL! Like a ghost town.

of course not. No Saudi Arabians give two shits about golf. The whole idea is a giant commercial for Saudi Arabia, and it’s not even a good one. No one wants to go to that POS country. Why the Tour went there is beyond me.

but FTR, I was talking about Laz’s fake event…it gets a little drippy with sarcasm, so I wanted to put a big dollop of clotted cream on it.

1 Like

Its a perfect bit of symmetry isnt it.

The Republic of Gilead Open - Some of the top players in the world are sheepishly trudging round a nothing course with no spectators at all and certainly no women allowed.

Meanwhile in Arizona, the youth of a still great America are going to have time of their fucking lives. There’s going to be drinking and dancing and loads of recreational sex.

Do you guys live in a great country or what…

4 Likes

As I said in a tweet that got some love this week, it’s the two extremes of the beer divide.

Your Grace, The website is off to a fine start. Did the NE Chapter play the Shackelton? Much shit was being talked…

I regret to inform everyone that The Shackleton was canceled due to cold temperatures. The choice was not ours though, all of us were more than willing to play it was the venue that would not cooperate with us. What self respecting place won’t let people play on their course in single digit temperatures it is a true travesty and we feel very slighted.

5 Likes

I believe a reschedule has been made though the temperature might be more of a wet round than frosty. Might have to change the name to The Phelps.

We are in the process of coming up with appropriate and applicable names for the rescheduled event which is to be played in the lovely NE rainy spring season, also known as March

3 Likes

We basically got kicked out of Antarctica for embracing the cold too much and were sent home. Unwelcome in 2019, police society. Very R&ACDG of us. Not sure of final figures but @Craigstands can confirm, I think we had between 6-8 that were ready and willing make 3-4 hour drives and nut up in the elements.

4 Likes

Dishonourable to the end.

In as much as wanting to play too much golf is dishonourable.

I’ve got you, Your Grace. We can increase the size, take the serifs out of the way (those are harder to read as dots of light, the very opposite of dots of ink), and go white on dark, dark blue on light. @ericrbens is right it’s barely readable.

1 Like

The first meet up of the PNW guys. 2 man best ball tournament with @davidc

13 Likes

FUCK YEAH!!!

Where was this?

It was at Spanaway Lake golf course in Tacoma. The had a “Taps and Tees” tournament and had a bunch of beer and whisky tasters out on the course.

1 Like

Who’s who btw?

I’m on the left and @davidc is on the right.

1 Like

Oh shit that’s me! We got after it though

1 Like

Headed to Tampa in 3… 2… 1…

3 Likes

Have fun dude(s)

:slight_smile: