The Royal & Ancient Company of Dishonourable Golfers - Golf Society. The Brits make a Podcast!

All proceeds from burka sales benefit Junior Golf.

1 Like

This is what i have been looking for! I’ve been trying to get something moving in our roll call thread but no luck so far, and this map is telling.

#2 FROM THE GREAT PACIFIC NORTHWEST CHECKING IN

Anyone else out there? I only see one more on our map so now would be the time to throw our chapter’s first RACDG event and lock up that easy 1sts and 2nd place finish points :wink:

1 Like

Where in the PNW are you?

I have a home in Coeur d’Alene, Idaho so I live the PNW. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Housing development for ethnic Chinese immigrants/invaders, that is. Not local Uighurs, of course.

1 Like

Ohhh nice, we are three strong! I love it out there. I actually haven’t played golf in the area but assume its nice. I am in Seattle myself. It seems like we should be able to get a pretty good group going out here.

The golf is great and shit in equal measure! There is some great resort golf and a lot of solid munis. There’s a place called The Links on the prairie behind Post Falls that I found last year and its pretty awesome as a little pay and play in the middle of nowhere. The CDA Resort is great fun. Circling Raven is fucking fantastic.

The big guns, Black Rock, Gozzer and Rock Creek are sublime, but private clubs and difficult to access.

I’d love to organise a wee RACDG trip out there at some point.

Some good golf round Seattle too. Definitely look forward to hooking up there at some point.

This just in:
Custom head covers bearing the likeness of recently beheaded educators and western thought leaders will be available kn a first-come-first-served basis.

1 Like

You’d get me to bite. I have family in the Flathead nearby. They also have Big Mountain and the 36 holes at Whitefish.

Now we’re talking. A little Idaho / Montana road trip. Start at Seattle. Little stop at Gamble Sands. CDA and over to Montana.

Stewart again? Are they gonna throw in some metal ball markers with the heads etched on too?

Love that! I’ve been thinking about a long weekend for golf this spring/summer - specifically somewhere I could drive with my clubs - but was mostly considering Oregon, now I might need to check out Spokane/Couer d’Alene area instead.

Would def love to get an RACDG (pronounced racdogs???) event going over at Gamble Sands!

1 Like

I’m also working on some bits and pieces and talking to the NLU crew about helping us out. If they can give a push for members we will hopefully get a few more in areas like Seattle, which would help.

I’ve been working on a website for the RACDG and I want to share the beta version with everyone for feedback. You can see it here:

https://crawfordad.wixsite.com/website-2

Please have a poke around and tell me what you like / don’t like. Not all the buttons etc will work yet, so don’t worry about that. But what content have I missed? What are you not liking? What do you think works? Just any info I can get off everyone so we can focus it and make it great before launch.

I’m hoping to get it all working by mid March, just in time for the season and all those fair weather golfers who have not spent the winter hanging out on The Refuge. The idea is this is a shop window for us to share with people we know who might be interested but who need something to physically look at and understand what we’re doing.

Thanks everyone.

3 Likes

Wow. Damn, I just went to get a fresh cup of coffee at work and did not expect to come back and read 20 minutes of constitution, but I damn if I didn’t.

First off, YES.

Secondly, I really appreciated para 5.2 (please, let it never occur). I thought para 5.5 was an appropriately sized power play; it showed just the right mix of affable belligerence that I think a group like this could benefit from. I would like to formally discuss the end of para 6.5 if I am to take this membership seriously (i.e obviously stripper fees cannot be claimed, but what about the hotel room fees where they are hosted?). And I am quite hopeful this takes off, as I would like to see the wide range of possible trophies sub para 7.5.7 allows for.

Finally, sign me up :sunglasses:

1 Like

I believe that’s Sign me up… YOUR GRACE.

As for stripper fees, there is no law saying you can’t pay for ‘consultancy’.

That’s great CAD.

I reckon in time you get folk to do a write up from each meeting they have and post a few pictures and a wee report with scores etc.

Most definitely the plan. I want newcomers to see upcoming events around the world and blog posts from past ones. Each chapter captain will have the access codes to upload new content.

We may even do a YouTube account at some stage.

1 Like

Small bit of feedback on the website. The blue text on the course background is a little difficult to read. Otherwise it looks great.

2 Likes

one more thing about the Saudi event…no fucking poor people.

3 Likes

+1

1 Like