The Refuge Feedback Thread

Send me a note to Ben@nolayingup.com with your order number and we will get your import fee refunded to you.

13 Likes

TBH, you guys sorting duties is one of the top things you’ve done. Yea, it isn’t cheap to ship to me in Canada, but no hidden costs is a win.

Have you guys ever looked into a Canadian based shipping warehouse situation? Not sure at what point in term of volume that becomes feasible.

3 Likes

I’ve got an empty storage locker under my apartment

3 Likes

Honestly was going to offer my condo. Not sure the SO would love that…but could make it work

1 Like

I realize this is a Feedback thread, and negative feedback is part of the deal. But just as a general rule of thumb, if there is an issue with something having to do with the site, merch, charges, etc., your first move should just about always be to reach out directly with a polite email to see if the problem can be fixed. I would bet a very significant number of those problems (e.g. refund of import fees) will be favorably addressed. Then, you can use the Feedback thread to let others know how they can also best address that issue in the future. In my experience, that approach is almost always met with more solutions then putting the problem on blast in a public forum. Constructive feedback is fair, don’t get me wrong, but for alot of issues, we can collaborate to get positive outcomes for everybody. #blessed

17 Likes

TC is all up in the keister of international merchandise delivery solutions.

5 Likes

Honest question as I am catching up. Did most of the threads disappear behind a paywall? All I see is the role call threads basically

Hi. This pinned post will explain the recent changes. Reach out with any questions.

I use Spotify for my podcasting needs and for the life of me, I can’t figure out how to access the Nest podcast there. I can’t seem to find anyway to add a url. Has anyone had success with this?

You can’t use Spotify for the private podcasts (Nest podcast)…it’s a Spotify limitation.

4 Likes

That’s what I suspected. Damn

https://refuge.nolayingup.com/t/nest-bulletin-board/10962/48?u=awest2265

Icarito’s response on it a couple weeks ago. You’re not alone though. Seems to work on a number of other platforms, even if it’s just for this podcast it’s manageable.

2 Likes

I get them as a RSS subscription through Outlook - and then access Outlook on my phone to make them portable.

1 Like

Yeah, sorry about that. Let us know if you have trouble through a different platform.

Yeah, no issues using apple. Was just hoping to get it all in one place. This is definitely a Spotify issue and not an NLU issue.

1 Like

I switched to Pocket Casts for my podcasts and it’s really nice. Can get the Nest podcast on there and I have no issues. I haven’t liked apple or spotify for podcasts thus far.

2 Likes

Pocket casts is fantastic. Not sure if it’s the same on other apps in terms of duration but the pocket casts skip fwd button is 30 seconds and if done at start of the main pod it skips intro and nothing else (well done @Soly)

2 Likes

Idk how to create a topic anymore b/c I haven’t been on the refuge in a long time…
Disclaimer: this has absolutely nothing to do with Trump, playing his course in 2022, or the Annika/Gary player stuff. I don’t really care and I don’t think those are hot takes at all. I also want to just say that I really love the podcast.

But, on the latest pod they just sound SO politically correct and I feel like they have been moving that way for a little bit? Idk maybe not. I’m also not really referring to the JT slur convo either, more specifically little comments like when Soly is talking about one of the mistresses texting Tiger something along the lines of “I really need you right now.” I didn’t know that either, and it kind of frames the affairs differently but then he goes “I’m not condoning what he did or anything” and it’s like…OK thanks for clarifying! And then when he was talking about Tiger laughing at the guy with a shirt of his DUI photo, I mean, is he supposed to spit on the guy? And then he goes on to say that could have been a lot worse, etc etc. And it’s just kind of like dude…who needed to hear that? Tiger and everyone else knows he fucked up and did something really stupid, drinking and driving isn’t funny but the mugshot is pretty fucking hilarious. Not to mention Tiger being humble and being able to laugh at himself

Just a couple examples from the recent pod but there are quite a few more instances like this. I know that they spend a lot of time talking on the pod and if everyone of my convos was recorded I’m sure I’d say some annoying or dumb stuff, and I definitely think they are being careful not to offend anyone or ruffle feathers but it just seems…so soft.

I like Soly and I understand that he kind of has to play this role of facilitator/not really stirring the pot/peacemaker etc. but it just seems to me like they are playing it really safe for a podcast/company called nolayingup. Maybe just because they are growing and getting more exposure? They don’t want to be misquoted? Idk curious if anyone else feels like this.

26 Likes

I’m not sure what you expect and I don’t say that with a tone at all. They have an asset, (NLU) that they have a responsibility to protect. Without it they go back to desk jobs which they each left to do what they loved. There’s nothing wrong with treading lightly on issues that are not core to your business. Their business is golf content and they understand that making the wrong off color joke on a pod can greatly devalue their brand. They still bring it on issues core to their business, but I wouldn’t blame them for being somewhat careful. This asset funds all of their livelihoods.

3 Likes