The Refuge Feedback Thread

Not to be a corporate shill but your sponsors would probably love their own section…
A listing of sponsors (Luggage Forward, Callaway, PGA Tour Live, etc.) and Tour players repping the NLU towel would be cool.

We would probably be able to score some extra loot and contests, too. :wink:

1 Like

Since the comment section appears to be shutdown on the main page, would there be a way to automate starting a topic on the refuge for each new article (thinking this mainly applies to new podcasts)?

3 Likes

For sure. Even if we can’t automate the process I’ll try to start a discussion topic. Or if anybody else wants to start it, please feel free!

2 Likes

This week, the Refuge went through a swing change that I think will really streamline the site. All of the new categories are far more in tune with the various conversational threads running through this message board (and the NLU-sphere in general), and now everyone can get steep into whatever deep cut of golf minutiae (travel, architecture, the Tour, or those sweet, sweet gear topics) they want. I’m very excited to see the site humming on all cylinders during the two-month summer sweet spot, with the three remaining majors bracketing continental European golf and the Quad Cities Classic.

** Puts on Stephen A. Smith glasses **

Howeva, I do have some questions for the powers that be. I don’t think I’m the only one who’s noticed that some topics have disappeared during the site overhaul, and I can’t tell whether it was because they failed to fit within one of the newly identified categories or because they were a bit more off-topic. I was trying to track down a topic from a few months ago about a New York Times article criticizing Donald Trump’s golf habits, and for some reason I can’t locate it in the archives any more. Upon further review, it’s not the only one, either.

Given the irreverent content this site usually produces, I’m not overly concerned about censorship from some bad (or sick!) moderator, or about the Refuge suddenly being at war with Eastasia. That being said, I am curious as to whether any of these changes were intentional, whether posts are going to have a shelf life, etc. It is the #YearOfAccountability, after all. I’ll hang up and listen.

Yeah, that’s on me. Some of the old topics didn’t make it through the transition. I can assure you it’s nothing about censorship. I am teaching myself how to use the board admin functions and so in trying to create new categories and catalog topics appropriately, I used some old, dormat topics as guinea pigs in the process. I accidentally clipped a few early in the process. After that, I trimmed a handful which had minimal engagement (and nothing in the last month). Please feel free to re-start a topic I may have gotten rid of. Again, my apologies. For future reference, I’m not sure how long old threads will stay on site before perhaps getting trimmed automatically by software–I’ll have to look into that. Appreciate your thoughts on the board overhaul in general, I hope it’s more intuitive and navigable.

1 Like

Do we dare start the college alumni roll calls? After learning @Randy spent some time in Lex-vegas I was very tempted.

• Yes - Start college roll call threads
  • No - under no uncertain terms, don’t muddy up the refuge with people chiming in regarding their collegiate affiliations

0 voters

@Soly is there a clickable link on the Refuge that leads to the Main NLU page? Am I stupid and/or missing something? Is this what I get for only entering through the backdoor?

Where did all the default profile pictures go? Half the people on here are just blank now. Or is my computer broken?

8 Likes

Kessler did this:

https://s.yimg.com/ny/api/res/1.2/HunnJ6dEPV4_1zJbFbhcug--~A/YXBwaWQ9aGlnaGxhbmRlcjtzbT0xO3c9ODAw/http://media.zenfs.com/en/homerun/feed_manager_auto_publish_494/0aa6aacae369ae8bd58cf042709a1c8d

2 Likes

I thought it was just my computer at first but good to know it’s not just me.

7 Likes

Links: Let’s have them open in a new tab, so we don’t lose our spot in the Refuge, eh?

2 Likes

There’s a setting you can change from your profile page that will do this.

On the “Interface” page of Settings under “Other”

Found it, thanks. But it took asking, and it should default.

1 Like

If I create a topic and it doesn’t get approved, do I get a notification that it will Never be approved or is it in limbo forever. Created one last night and not up yet but new topics have been created in the time being.

Is there anyway to change the color of the little NLU guy on the dark color scheme (the one you click to get back to the refuge home page)? He’s can be difficult to see in the bar up at the top.

5 Likes

Guys…Found your podcast a couple weeks ago and then the board. I really like them both.

I think the pods set the tone for the boards, which is respectful (not that common on forums), and intelligent (ditto).

Feedback on pods: Since there are a few of you on any given pod, or sometimes just one (like on the one I’m listening to with Alan Shipnuck on his Beem book,) it would be cool to have you introduce yourselves at the top of the podcast. I’ve been able to figure out sort-of who’s who is speaking with hearing a few of them now but still not quite sure.

Anyway, thank you for your work and this really great resource for those of us hooked on the greatest game ever, (except maybe some Tom Brady games…).

2 Likes

Welcome to The Refuge. They have been making an effort as of late to introduce themselves because of similar feedback so you are not alone there.

3 Likes

They have plenty of YouTube videos to work out who’s who. Tourist sauce is great to watch and will put name to faces.

2 Likes

@soly Will there be a meetup on the west coast? Seems that there is one for east and central states. Would like to save some money and hope for one out here in the PNW.

Hopefully eventually, nothing scheduled as of now.

2 Likes