The Low Country Boil at Caledonia & True Blue (Pawleys Island, SC): 2022, July 7-10

Oh, I get it.

Just saying, the whole point of the quota game is that it is more flexible/adjustable than a regularly handicapped contest. I just think it would be cool if over four rounds the quota was adjusted like it is at most clubs so that there is a (theoretically) a good, close finish at the end.

2 Likes

I thoroughly enjoy quota, at the event I hosted in Findlay we had a +2, a 4 and a 10 all qualify out to the NIT

4 Likes

I like playing quota as well. I’m just asking if the good folks who’ve done the work of putting the event together are considering using the rule of raising the quota of individuals who beat their number by more than 3 during the first three rounds, considering it’s not a single round event.

Am thinking of making it to quota over 2 rounds (1st round on Friday and the Saturday round)

This way a lucky round may not hold over the course of 2 rounds.

4 Likes

Cool

1 Like

I like this idea DBD, ensures both courses come into play

2 Likes

Also leaves rounds 3 and 4 for playoffs

2 Likes

Agree with this approach, larger sample size.

1 Like

Raffle Update:
Below you will find a working list of items for the raffles.
Drawing will take place Wednesday night, watch this space for exact times and methods of communication.
Tickets will be $10 each. Payment info will be coming shortly.
There is now a “raffle” tab on the spreadsheet for signing up and contains the list of items.

If anyone has more items to donate please let @drv4show or myself know.

Here is the list of items thus far, it will be getting updated throughout the weekend.

$100 NLU shop credit
$50 NLU shop credit
Whiskey glass/decanter set
Masters Polo- (L) green badges
“bespoke, woke, artisanal” alignment sticks
1 Dozen TP5/TP5x Balls
Blue Tooth Speaker
Headcovers x3-4
Camo Big Sky Bravery hat

5 Likes

Definitely put a dent in the Lululemon and Travis Matthew outlets today. Pretty good sales for the 4th.

3 Likes

2 Likes

2 Likes

What’s the cause?

Youth on Course and Swing Pals

1 Like

Quick update: Payment can be venmo’d to @David-Bergeron-17 or PayPal DBergeron126.
Please comment with your refuge handle for payment and remember DO NOT mention “raffle.”

$10 per ticket.

Couple more items added to add to the list.

2 Likes

done and done. Thanks for putting this together. Great cause and some fantastic prizes so far.

1 Like

Don’t have a pic because I’m not home but it’s a JBL Clip 3 in navy. Still in package, never opened.

Also, because I’m feeling generous, going to add another item in a 6 pack of Ocean Course Pale Ale from Low Tide Brewing in John’s Island. Only place you can get this is at the brewery or the Ocean Course itself.

7 Likes

Do we want more beer in the raffle? I am happy to pick up 2 4 packs from my local place to donate.

2 Likes

Beer is always a yes!

2 Likes

I’m adding a couple of items:

Box of various golf books—pick up at event only please.

New leather driver cover from Eiliot Bag Company.

5 Likes