The Low Country Boil at Caledonia & True Blue (Pawleys Island, SC): 2022, July 7-10

my grandparents have retired to litchfield / pawleys in the late 90’s and have been going to the Hanser House ever since.

I went for the first time (that I can recall) a few weeks ago on a visit to my grandmother. 4:45pm dinner rush had that place absolutely bumping.

1 Like

Grandparent approved! Here’s a picture taken of my friend passed out in front of Hanser House after way too much bourbon at True Blue

8 Likes

Good people at the Hanser House. I belive the original restaurant was in their house / attached to it hence the name.

Now I think their home is behind it but separate.

2 Likes

In your opinion what’s the ideal move for the Saturday afternoon replay (on our own)?

2 Likes

Saturday I’d recommend either a replay of TB or Caledonia or Heritage next door to Caledonia. Willbrook, River Club, Pawleys, or Founders are decent fall back options.

2 Likes

Do you happen to know how much a replay would be?

I’ll be interested in a replay or other round Saturday.

1 Like

I’ll be interested in a replay round. Unless someone with a car wants to drive to the Myrtle Beach Lululemon outlet…

5 Likes

Actually, I was considering a mid summer outlet /pga superstore run

3 Likes

They have awesome deals. Got a pair of shorts for $40. Love their stuff.

2 Likes

1 Like

Not sure, guess it’s around half the rack rate.

Going to start putting together room pairings soon. If you have any request please send them my way.

3 Likes

Gents, Im getting into MYR on AA757 from CLT arriving at 11:10p Thursday evening. I have a car rental secured for the weekend if anyone is in need of a lift. Lemme know!

4 Likes

I’m flying in from Philly and get in around 10:45am - going to see if they will at least hold my carry on bag at the rentals/maybe check in early - then try and get a round going by 12:30/1pm if not…a bar it is.

1 Like

Anyone have any more intel on the greens situation at Caledonia? When trolling the Google reviews for the course they seem mixed.

1 Like

Wanted to just check in and see if we have started to finalize roommates.

I’m not picky.

2 Likes

I’ve started to put together an initial list but was going to give everyone a few more days to get in any request. Was planning on sending an email tomorrow just in case people haven’t been checking this thread.

2 Likes

For roommates or pairings? I don’t care who I get paired with but rooming with @Bigdawg121 would be good because we are carpooling.

2 Likes

It does seem mixed, some reviews are that it’s perfect, others mention a few greens being in rough shape. I’ll see what I can find out.