The Irish Coffee 2.0 - 10/18/24 Blackwolf Run Kohler, WI - Sign Up Post 57 - Transfer Portal is Open

Greetings Everyone! On behalf of @Amholzman24 and I we are pleased to announce The Old Fashioned will be back for 2024 on Friday October 18th! What’s more, we will be moving to the Meadow Valleys course at Blackwolf Run for this year’s edition. This is a save the date post for now, signup will be posted at a later date.

What’s not changing? We will have the same format as last year, old fashioned high school golf format with teams of 5 and you count your 4 best scores as well as crowing an individual champion. Net stroke play, and choose your own tees. Wanna make a million birdies from the reds, go for it. Want to tip it out and get as many pops as possible, knock yourself out. Also just like old fashioned high school golf, who the hell knows what the weather will be.

So mark your calendars accordingly and hope to see you there.

16 Likes

Chiefs-run-it-back GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

3 Likes

Do I have to follow my high school golf fashion and only ever wear shorts regardless of weather?

4 Likes

Yes and if you could please wear your best, thick Wisconsin hoodie with the hood up that would also be appreciated.

1 Like

Also questionable scoring is encouraged. Last year was far too smooth with no rules controversy. We need to make this more exciting

4 Likes

As a reminder, anyone who played last year will get early access to sign up. In addition you can request to stay on your prior team…or enter the transfer portal and move to another team pending their approval. Looking forward to some pot stirring with that once active.

Will everyone try to flock to the Bombers? Will the Bombers accept just anybody as they look to repeat? Will @midwestgolfbum go crazy with the NIL money to re-build the Raiders?

giphy (52)

3 Likes

I want to go on record to say that if anyone heard the whispers that @midwestgolfbum had, “Put me on notice”, uh, no he didn’t.

1 Like

The hell am I being accused of? Now is probably the time to make it known I don’t even know who was on key team or the name of said team

3 Likes

Recruiting violations, sign stealing, Connor Stallions, things of that nature

But in all honesty trying to building the team nature of this event going forward…wait where have I heard this before?

2 Likes

2 Likes

I’ve consulted with two other Bombers members and I suggest anyone interested start compiling your highlight tape (post history) now…

3 Likes

Everyone was too Midwest nice to call out your sandbagging “friend from league” that won it but we were all silently thinking it.

5 Likes

Having played a ton of golf with him as well I had no clue he had a round like that in him. Sort of wild his team didn’t despite how badly he beat all of us in the individual category

1 Like

I’m kidding. Maybe, probably, who knows?

1 Like

Collin is a sand bagging son of a bitch. He also stood in my wedding. And he’s a sand bagging son of a bitch.

5 Likes

Shiiiiiit….
Know what I’ve just realized?

Blackwolf is much much much more conducive to the lot of us standing around 18 watching approaches come in with beverages in our hands……

3 Likes

This is an idea I obviously hate, so I, for one, will bring a chair so I don’t have to stand.

6 Likes

Can confirm, view is lit. For anyone who hasn’t been there that is 18 green by the river.

Also don’t worry @midwestgolfbum they have tons of chairs and a fireplace on the patio now

2 Likes

I’m outdoorsy because I like drinking on patios.

4 Likes

I cannot wait to boo someone for putting it in the water.

So much pressure you can’t even spit!

4 Likes