The Grand Rapids Get Down - Diamond Springs GC - Grand Rapids MI - June 4th

All gravy, not a problem at all.

If anyone has someone who would want to play we got a spot, possibly 2!

Well I managed to avoid getting Covid this entire time up until right now :sob: so I guess that puts me out of the field unless I can test negative before the event :disappointed:

1 Like

Well. I was really hoping to not to see a few other fine folks bail a few days before because thatā€™s what I have to do too. I had a house fire and got a surprise preemie baby a couple weeks ago. For some reason my new dad brain throughly I would be able to get new clubs and my wife would allow me to still play in this event. My now mature week old dad brain has come to terms with how slow insurance claims go and how unlikely a Saturday mid morning tee time with my ā€œinternet friendsā€ was.

https://refuge.nolayingup.com/t/parents-dad-or-mom-thread-part-2/67175/1318?u=stillawayben

This is the story. Hoping we have enough guys that bailed that maybe you can eliminate one of the tee times. Really sorry to mess things up. Iā€™m happy to pay my portion of the round if itā€™s already too late. Just tell me who to PayPal.

2 Likes

Damn man so sorry to hear that. Glad the family is safe and the kiddo is doing well.

3 Likes

priorities for sure man, be safe and healthy first.

2 Likes

Iā€™m so sorry, Ben. Iā€™m thankful you and your wife were able to welcome your little boy safely into the world, albeit a little early.

2 Likes

No trouble at all man, family and home life come first. If there is anything I can do to help, holler at ya boi.

Just a heads-up that with Ben and Kirk dropping out, Non-Refuge Scott and I will be taking their slots in the 10:50 group. This opens up a slot in the 10:10 and 10:30 groups if folks want to move their time around.

Supreme Leader has given his blessing for this change.

2 Likes

Super pumped for tomorrow (minus the drive) even gonna watch S7, E3 tonightā€¦ again to prep!

3 Likes

Thatā€™s a great idea. I just scoped the score card and have my strategy. Looks great till I slice/hook the first tee shot.

4 Likes

Still trying to figure out what to do, I feel basically fine at this point and Iā€™m pretty sure Iā€™ll feel 100% tomorrow. But I also donā€™t have high hopes for testing negative in the morning either.

2 Likes

Youā€™d be surprised with the testing, play it by ear, wear a mask if you need to.

Iā€™ve got another guy that can play. We still have two spots open right?

1 Like

As long as we have at least 3 for the quota game in the 10:10 weā€™re gucci. Anyone want to move up?

1 Like

I believe Iā€™m in the last pairing, but I will move up if that helps with everything. We should be down to three anyways, so my assumption was that we would all fill in earlier tee times.

Iā€™m fine with not getting a quota in since Iā€™ve invited a couple non-nest members.

1 Like

Same, Iā€™m playing as a markerā€¦ not interested in accumulating any points.

1 Like

I believe all scores at the 3 FCF events count for quota rounds. Have a blast out there tomorrow everyone! Bummed to be missing out.

2 Likes

Hey guys, Iā€™m new to the refuge! I am playing with you guys tomorrow at Diamond! Looking forward to playing and meeting you all

10 Likes