The Fropen 2024 - Feb 24, Toledo OH

@FreshCoastFlock and Golf Sickos everywhere

After great deliberation and strategy planning (read; “Yo is this a good idea? idk man, why not, let’s do it”), we are happy to announce we are bringing the Fropen back to again embrace poor life choices, losing golf bets, schnapps for warmth, and Roost Comradery. Or at least one of those.

This is an opportunity for the truest of addicts to get out and hit balls on the course with likeminded sickos. To give you an idea how this can go - last year one hole had ice covering 2/3rds the fairway, the pins were marked by sticks we found on the course, and there were no scorecards or writing utensils available. It was unapologetically great. No Ragrets. Expect exactly more of the same.

Worth noting - There is no signup fee and we’ll only roast you on the internet if you say you’re coming then bail day of because it’s too cold.

Golf Cost: approximately 5 hrs of being cold (no greens fees)
Other Fees: a donation to charity. Please Venmo @mrlatham88 (last four 7741) day of the event
Where: Ottawa Park Golf Course, Toledo OH
When: Saturday February 24th, 2024, 10am (ish) start time
Why: That’s a really good question, and we’ll all have our own motivation. Chicks dig it?
Format: Alt shot, no handicaps : partners to be chosen in the parking lot. Likely a “find someone you’ve never met and shack up” situation

Most Importantly:
Do I have to? → not really, but why not

After the round many of the guys will stay for the hang at a local pizza place; you’re welcome to join us (even if you skip the golf you coward)

Believe it or not, this is an official FcF event and roost members will get season long points for attending and winning (in so much as a February no-hcp alt shot event in Toledo has a winner).
That said, all are welcome and we look forward to our brothers & sisters in OATW, the Duck Club, or the newly minted CRCooP making the drive out and meeting some junkies (intomyveins.gif)

Look forward to seeing you there

20 Likes

The good news is, Steph left the pins in this year! So unless someone steals them prior to the event we should be good on that front!

13 Likes

5 Likes

See the pics in the Slack, there could have been waves if there was a lot of wind.

2 Likes

No waves, she was iced over. Not thick enough to stand on, but the ball would roll forever if you didn’t hit it plumb
20230218_135335

3 Likes

Want to make sure my Windsor residents @JakeFrank and @Conner1212 know about this as well.

5 Likes

I’ll be back!

3 Likes

I’m so mad at myself for scheduling work travel without checking the date of this first. Last year was a blast.

3 Likes

I’m still gonna wear shorts

8 Likes

Will be making the journey up hope to meet some of y’all and launchem!

5 Likes

Awesome event - looking forward to it.

4 Likes

I’m in, going blades/classic clubs so I can sting the shit out of my hands, and will be brining my mighty hammer again!

5 Likes

Schnapps?! Wtf man, I made hot bourbon drinks! That no one really wanted, tbh. But I thought they were delightful. Just bringing a bottle of bourbon this year.

Port golf hang will be at stubborn brother pizza bar. It was highly ranked by that asshole at barstool and fucked my lunch regiment up for about two weeks. His ranking was correct, the effect it had on me was completely bullshit.

6 Likes

Are you saying it gave you the shits or it got too popular?

1 Like

The latter not the former. That place was selling out of all their dough by like 8:00 at night for a few weeks after that portnoy review. The guys are raging dick bag but I’ll give credit for those reviews really helping local businesses when he does it.

1 Like

Yeah it also really hurts them when he doesn’t give them a good review, or when they don’t bow down and kiss his rapist ass. I mean for gods sake, he went to Marion’s and got a cheese pizza and then thought it was only mediocre. 5’2 skinny guys shouldn’t be giving anybody pizza opinions

4 Likes

Never trust a skinny chef.

2 Likes

Hey, first of all I had like 3 and all I remember was they were dangerously delicious and Jake was amused I couldn’t find the face of my 3w till about the back 9. Second, I wasn’t gonna put you on the spot to dish out samesies this year if it wasn’t in the cards!

1 Like

Unless they have an obvious drug problem. In which case, you’re about to have the best meal of your life

4 Likes

This is fantastic. Was pissed to miss out last year since I joined the Refuge like a week later and saw that there had just been an event walking distance to my house.

4 Likes