The Extinction at Park Mammoth Golf Club (6/3/23)

So after playing it today, playing it down the right may be the only real shot at getting it close in 2 unless you have a wicked left to right ball

Also, 8 has gone from a sick birdie attempt to my worst nightmare. I may be abandoning driver on that tee shot

1 Like

Despite me absolutely lost myself, Park Mammoth was excellent today. They’re very excited to be hosting us

aaaand and there’s now three bottles to choose from in the honey hole

4 Likes

We are two days away and I have received authority to go mark pin locations Friday morning… Captain/Vice Captain will be out there early getting it dialed in

5 Likes

I’ve accumulated all the hole summaries in a doc…post 18 and I’ll share with the group…Electric Phactory doing some homework on the plane!

8 Likes

Recording a pod with the architect tonight going through holes 1-18, will work to upload it immediately

Dialed In: A Podcast By The High Cotton Club on Spotify

6 Likes

18 will be posted over lunch!

1 Like

If anybody is wanting to get some Sunday golf in, @Iceman and I are playing Country Creek at 10:38.

We have two spots open.

3 Likes

Absolutely love this

1 Like

Kenny Perry’s is an awesome track! I really need to get back down there!

Alright y’all! We are now 48 hours from having balls in the air (and probably the native in my case) for the practice round! Sounds like the perfect time to bring you the final hole preview! I now welcome you to the 18th hole! This hole brings to you a ton of options on a relatively short par 4. You could take less than driver off the tee and leave yourself a short iron or a wedge in and avoid all the trouble. Orrrrrrrr, if you live by the driver and die by the driver like I do, you can just send it straight at the bunker in front of the green. That will leave you a pitch into the green with a MASSIVE back stop. Some might even say that the play is to go full Icarito and sail the green looking for that backstop…who could say. No matter how you play it, this is an awesome finisher to one of my favorite courses on the planet. I believe that I can speak for @leftysauce and all of @HighCottonClub in saying that we cannot wait for y’all to join us to experience this amazing course this weekend!

P.S: 18 is also the home to arguably the greatest shot in HCC history when @Bturl30 rattled the stick from the 1 Up’s at the second extinction and had a tap in for an eagle. Siiiiiiiick

11 Likes

LET’S GO RACING

Also the site of possibly the shot of the year when a Dorris brother chipped in from 18 to 17 green last week in The High Cotton Classic

3 Likes

Any pairings posted somewhere?

Unknown golf has the pairings for Friday practice round if you in that. Along with any challenges you may or may not already be a part of lol

2 Likes

Ever since I heard about Turley driving this green I’ve been absolutely hammering driver at this hole to do the same thing lol. Great finishing hole there is always a good chance for something exciting to happen

3 Likes

I was able to see pairings and starting holes for the Saturday rounds too. Just have to go to the event page for each round

2 Likes

You should have received a couple emails the other day with some info and links to event home pages, tee sheets, and more via Unknown. If you did not, please send me a DM!

1 Like

I’ll still be in town on Sunday and would love to get in another round.

Accumulation of the hole by hole previews as provided by @Douger23 and @leftysauce . See you all Friday!

10 Likes

18 is maybe my favorite hole. Lay up options, go for the glory; hammer the back stop. Great hole.

4 Likes

This is absolutely the way!

1 Like